Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[Solved] Service Interruption: Roku Device Activation

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

07/29 5:52 am PST

UPDATE: The activation and streaming issues have been resolved.

If you continue to experience problems, please perform a full restart of your device by disconnecting it from the power source, waiting a short while, and then plugging it back in.

We appreciate your patience as we addressed this service interruption.

Previous Update

07/29 5:17 am PST

We are aware of an issue affecting Roku users who cannot activate their devices. Our team is actively working to resolve the problem.

If you're experiencing difficulties with activation, please try again later.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. To stay updated on the status of this issue, please subscribe to this thread using the menu item above.

Thank you for being so understanding.

Best regards.
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [Solved] Service Interruption: Roku Device Activation

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

We’re pleased to inform you that the activation issues have been resolved.

If you’re still experiencing any problems, please try restarting your device by disconnecting it from the power source, waiting a few moments, and then plugging it back in.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked through this service interruption.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
serahe

Cant link TV despite many tries

Jump to solution

Did factory reset on TV twice to solve problem but it seems to be coming from myroku.com/signin. Page keeps refreshing. I have tried using email code and QR code but neither seem to work once I get to the sign in portion of myroku.com. I have tried both computer and mobile device, even restarting both but seems to be a website problem

Activation help linking my TV to my roku account

Jump to solution

Just got a roku TV from a friend that factory reset it before I bought it. I'm trying to link my to tv to my account and I've received the email and entered the activation code. When it then transfers me to the roku website I just get a blank roku screen that is constantly reloading. I've tried a different email and the same thing happens. Anyone know how to fix it?

Onn24

Re: Activation help linking my TV to my roku account

Jump to solution

Omg I have this same issue, please help? Did you fix it?

0 Kudos

Serious activation problems

Jump to solution

I am trying to set the streaming stick up on my tv, and it sends an email to me to do it but when i click on the link it just refreshes and refreshes non stop and refuses to activate, have tried on 3 different devices and no luck, clearly a serious bug on the Roku site 

Anyone had this before and found a workaround? or have I lost my money 

Any solution for the Activation issue??

Jump to solution

Just bought a Onn. Roku Smart TV. Really excited to use it until I could not activate it. After clicking the email link it takes me to a web page that keeps refreshing over and over again and never works. This is extremely frustrating. Has anyone found any solutions??? 

Re: Any solution for the Activation issue??

Jump to solution

Same issue I bought one from Amazon brand new and I am unable to activate even after resetting my password when I log into the browser portal it keeps flickering and never displays my account page I cleared out all history tried different browsers all the same result

dave-leo
Channel Surfer

Activation issue/ loading website

Jump to solution

Cannot activate constant loading.  Reset device, reset modem, used phone then pc, tried barcode, tried new email.  I have taken down every security device I have to no avail. HELP

Kelstel

Re: Activation issue/ loading website

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  I've followed all the set-up and activation steps.  Set-up account, but the website just keeps flashing.

Jan87

Re: Activation help linking my TV to my roku account

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same problem. Tried to go chat through their messengers and it just ends the chat. Tried to call their number and it doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.