Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williasp
Binge Watcher

Re: Phillips Roku TV (w/built in Roku) loses wifi daily and refuses to connect until everything rebo

Jump to solution

@renojim 

Thanks for the tip.  I followed your suggestion: plugged the Roku stick into the HDMI port, set the stick remote to turn on the TV, set the TV to use the HDMI port when powered on, changed the wallpaper on the Roku stick home page so it is distinguishable from the Roku TV home page.  I also reset the network connection on the TV so it doesn't connect to wifi.  I didn't want to have both the stick and the TV connected to wifi.

So far (OK, only three days), it seems to work well.  The stick hasn't lost the wifi connection.  I keep it plugged in so it always has power.

All that said, I'm still puzzled why the TV itself kept losing the wifi connection and refused to reconnect unless I went through multiple steps as previously described.

0 Kudos
Jerkface66

internet will not connect for my 65" ONN ROKU tv that was purchased yesterday 07/01/2024

Jump to solution

we purchased a 65" ONN ROKU TV yesterday and followed the setup and tv connected to out t-mobile 5g router with no problem. We logged into our YOUTUBE TV and everything worked fine with no issues. We turned the tv off and went to dinner and about 1hr later we got home turned on the tv and NO INTERNET CONNECTION. I restarted the router, no luck, restarted the roku, no luck, did a factory reset, no luck. Turned on my hotspot and it connected no problem. turned off the hotspot, no internet connection. This is a brand new tv it should not be having these issues. Everything else including two more ONN ROKU tv's connect as soon as you turn them on.......Please advise as to what the issue is and no it is not a network issue.....

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: internet will not connect for my 65" ONN ROKU tv that was purchased yesterday 07/01/2024

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that we are still investigating this issue you had with the Roku TV, which keeps disconnecting from your home network.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flynavy

Re: Roku TV |Network Connection Issues After OS Update

Jump to solution

I had to change my Xfinity password. After the change a couple weeks ago, the Roku will not reconnect and throws a 14.30 error. I did not try reconnecting this TV until this past Sunday, June 30th. The TV is less than 20 feet from the modem, the TV sees the network signal as strong. I have restarted the modem and TV. I spent over an hour with TCL support and none of their fixes worked, including a full reset to factory settings. My Eathernet connectionto the TV works fine. I have 3 phones, a tablet, 2 laptops and a Sony Brava TV and 2 wireless printers. All reconnected with no issues. My WiFi is 1,200 MBS. Roku Model 55S401, SN YN00P3311830 (CN685P311830), Software Version 13.0.0, ID 30-264-851

0 Kudos
BDCT2024
Channel Surfer

Re: internet will not connect for my 65" ONN ROKU tv that was purchased yesterday 07/01/2024

Jump to solution

You Roku tech support people have been saying this for 10 days now.  Honestly, this is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
PCB3rd
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV Will not Connect to Network after being Turned off

Jump to solution

While I do not think we will get a positive result from this, here's the info requested 

TCL MODEL:  50S423

Hardware ID: 7130X

Software version: 13.0.0 build 24062-30

ISP: Spectrum

Router: TP LINK MUSH SYSTEM

0 Kudos

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I was experiencing the same thing. I believe I solved it by hardwiring the connection. I bought a TP Link extender for about 15 dollars and connected it with an ethernet cable to the TV. Then I confirmed settings (wired vs wireless, it changed automatically) Seems to have fixed it. Better than buying a new TV. 

0 Kudos
Arielisoki

My Hisense tv won’t connect even though I have g

Jump to solution

So honestly I did not think that I was gonna make a post because I thought for some reason it would some how get fixed but anyways, my tv won’t connect to the internet at all like I have no idea what happens one day I checked it and it said disconnected and I was confused because my internet didn’t go out but whatever I didn’t know what to do I tried resetting the WiFi the tv even factory reset it didn’t work so I un plugged it so it worked however it keeps happening so I unplug it and reset the WiFi however this time it doesn’t work at all I’ve tried resetting the WiFi my tv even unplugged it and even unplugged my WiFi I don’t know what to do at this point I’ve keep searching about it online but I never really saw anything like my case especially on the error codes it would always be 0.14 30 but mine is a 0.14 10 

0 Kudos
Rstarchild2
Reel Rookie

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue as this person that posted this help question I just tried that and it did not work. I have the TCL Roku TV 4K 

0 Kudos
Jttcook

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

Good morning. Everyday I have the same problem. I did the steps above everyday then even did a factory reset. It worked as it should for two days now back to not working. Any other options its frustrating to have to do this daily or not be able to turn the tv off during the day if you know your going to have to re do everything as soon as you turn it back on 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.