Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

[SOLVED] Reports of Paramount+/Showtime not working as expected

We are receiving reports from users that the Paramount+ and/or Showtime bundle are showing locked content when a customer has already subscribed to this content. 

We believe this issue is now solved, but customers will need to contact the channel partner.

Paramount+/Showtime users who are seeing this error will need to contact Paramount Customer Support directly to have their streaming accounts fixed.

You can contact Paramount using the instructions below:

• Navigate to https://help.paramountplus.com/s/contact-us 
  • Choose the option for Technical Issues
  • Choose the option for Video Streaming Issues
  • Scroll down until you see the option that says STILL NEED MORE HELP?
  • From there, choose the chat or call option. Let the customer support rep know what you're seeing and they should be able to reset your account on their side and confirm playback with you.

We are going to go ahead and close this thread, please start a new thread if you have contacted Paramount and the issue is still not resolved for you.

Roku Community Team

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
beancrisp
Binge Watcher

Cannot play showtime content with paramount+ showtime bundle.

I just subscribed to the bundle but all the showtime are locked. I restarted my Roku. When that didn't work I went to remove the channel and reinstall it. There was a manage subscription where the remove channel usually is so I clicked on it. There it has an option to remove auto renew. I then clicked to remove auto renew.  It still has no option to remove the channel so I can add it back to see if that will let me play showtime content. If Roku does not resolve this issue it means they owe me $6 which is the difference between just paramount+ and the bundle.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot play showtime content with paramount+ showtime bundle.

Hi @beancrisp,

Thanks for the post!

We see that you're having an issue when accessing the Paramount+/Showtime bundle.

Please be aware that there is no way to remove the channel when the subscription is via Roku Pay or through The Roku Channel.

For further assistance about this, we would recommend you reach out to one of our experts from the Account and Billing team to be better assisted.

You can contact them here and select Account, Payments, and Subscriptions.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
beancrisp
Binge Watcher

I'm able to play showtime on my tablet using the desktop site. That means the problem is with the paramount plus channel on my Roku ultra. I do not like to watch movies and tv show on my tablet and I don't like casting content from my tablet to the tv.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @beancrisp,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

For further clarification on the issue you're having, are you trying to access the content you've mentioned previously through the stand-alone channel or The Roku Channel? In addition, could you please confirm if you've successfully accessed the content through the official website of Showtime/Paramount+ or through the official The Roku Channel website?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
beancrisp
Binge Watcher

I am paying for paramount+.showtime bundle through Roku, but using the paramount+ app to stream content. The showtime content is locked on the Roku paramount+ app. I can watch showtime on my tablet when I switch to desktop site. 

0 Kudos
beancrisp
Binge Watcher

Still no option to remove app even after unsubscribing.

0 Kudos
beancrisp
Binge Watcher

Who do I contact about getting a refund?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @beancrisp,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand that you wanted to get a refund. Help is here. To be better assisted with your subscription, you can contact our Accounts and Billing team since they are the specialized department to best cater to your inquiry. To contact them, kindly refer to this link here.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
beancrisp
Binge Watcher

Nevermind, I contacted paramount and they reset my account. Showtime is unlocked.

0 Kudos