Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valtarr
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

I had same issue as my Roku Ultra was skipping and volume was hard to control. Fixed it this morning by cleaning the roku ultra and the remote ( also in my case the wireless EERO wifi) with "equate Ultra soft Lens Wipe" from Walmart. Made sure to clean the infra red areas. Problem went away.

0 Kudos
Mnwoodchuck
Reel Rookie

we actually finally fixed it. You have to register your tv and then download updates to an external USB and upload it onto the tv. All skipping has been fixed. 

0 Kudos

Re: Remotes skipping multiple channels

👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿just dandy worked like a charm 

Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
Pgohren

X004004H65GD

Roku player began skipping Chanel’s with remote and via APP from my phone. I see from comments this is a wide spread issue, I have tried all “fixes” suggested and they have not worked. Please advise.

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

if you wait long enough it might go away. The main problem with that solution is that there will be another annoyance that will replace it. Recently mine has been requiring me to log in every time I use the **bleep** thing.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Pgohren

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with skipping channel tiles on your Roku remote, and we'd like to collect further details. What troubleshooting steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue? Also, what specific Roku device do you currently have that is displaying the skipping of channel tiles? Further, is this issue only happening when accessed to a specific channel, or happen throughout the Roku interface?

We'd appreciate more details regarding the matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChooChooAl
Channel Surfer

I know for myself I have the 3820x streaming stick 4k, plugged into an HDMI on an LG TV.

I bought a 2nd remote and tried that to no avail. 
It skipped on most channels, of course we tend to use one app more than others so to say it skips a lot on amazon or peacock would be biased.
Going into settings and doing the reset and update options was the last thing I did.   I haven't had issues in months, maybe as many as 4.

0 Kudos
Jakebyram

My Remote will not stop scrolling. I need help.

I try and use my remote on my roku tv and i’ll press a button and it won’t stop scrolling after i stop. Need help! I’ve already tried system restarting and remote won’t let me soft reset so need help!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Remote will not stop scrolling. I need help.

@Jakebyram Hi, and a huge welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

• What type of remote are you using right now? (universal, simple, or voice remote)
  • Is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • How long have you been using this remote?

If your Roku Simple remote or Roku Voice remote is not working as expected, you can find troubleshooting tips for common issues, including how to pair and restart your voice remote. How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
milchuck
Streaming Star

Remote advancing multiple titles when clicking once

Same issue.  Ive tried resetting everything multiple times and it works at first but within a few minutes of use the problem returns.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.