Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcdawn
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

I too am having this problem craziness with four remote devices. They skip around on every navigationable page. 10 second buttons and the fast forward or replay buttons. It doesn’t stop when I push other buttons. I either have to yank out a battery or maybe push the home button. Four of them doing this all at the same time. Don’t ask me about batteries I know to replace batteries. 

0 Kudos
dcdawn
Channel Surfer

Re: Remotes skipping multiple channels

Having exactly the same problem with four remotes. This is nuts.

0 Kudos
dcdawn
Channel Surfer

Re: When I push the arrow button, it skips more than once. Is my remote going bad?

It’s not to Pluto. It’s happening even before I pick a channel. So it’s a Roku system problem . And the restart people are talking about does work for a while. Maybe every morning we all get up,  restart our Roku‘s and go about our day. I hope Roku continues to try and work on this. This is nuts.

ChooChooAl
Channel Surfer

Re: When I push the arrow button, it skips more than once. Is my remote going bad?

have you read through some of the older posts?
There is a solution, not a fix, but I haven't had an issue for months now.

0 Kudos
dcdawn
Channel Surfer

Yes, the restart idea did “fix” the problem for now. But with four remotes it’s a pain to have to keep restarting when it goes bad again. It took me a while to find that solution so I’m sorry if I put out screams for help in a couple places before I actually found that fix.

0 Kudos
ChooChooAl
Channel Surfer

@dcdawnNo problem  I know there are some 19 pages now so finding 1 out of all those posts isn't easy.  Some worked and some didn't for me.  The reset the roku BOX did the job.  I myself don't think it's the remote.  I bought a second one and it was the same.

0 Kudos
UncleBrenty
Streaming Star

Just try SETTINGS/SYSTEM/SOFTWARE UPDATE then once your Roku is updated go to SETTINGS/SYSTEM/POWER/SYSTEM RESTART.  This worked for me months ago and I have used this on various TCL ROKU TVs, my Roku Ultra and my sister's ONN Roku TV that has a non-Roku replacement remote.  I have only had to do it once on each remote and the problem disappeared.  I think the non-Roku remote proves that this is a programming problem that Roku can't seem to fix but they can keep sending me emails to buy new remotes!  We also have at least 5 Roku devices and remotes in our family across the USA that have no problem, but they are all older models.  

SL28
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

Roku Ultra 4802X  Software version 12.5.0  build 4178-C2

Remote voice pro model RC795  Software RTN4244

I also had this problem, although it only constantly happened with the included remote. Other remotes would only skip occasionally so not a real problem with them.

However since I've updated the software with the latest version (see above) the problem has completely disappeared and the remote is solid as a rock, also the other remotes no longer skip at all.

I did nothing "special," just updated the software which also restarted the system.

0 Kudos
Mnwoodchuck
Reel Rookie

Re: ultra plus rechargeable remote skips

Bought a different remote and issue still happening. 

When we restart it, the problem is fixed for 2 minutes than starts again. 

May have to return tv.

0 Kudos
ChooChooAl
Channel Surfer

Re: ultra plus rechargeable remote skips

There are 19 pages in this discussion.  Do you really think that your TV and all the others have the same issue? 
Or all our remotes have the same issue?

It's in their software and they either won't fix or can't fix.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.