Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlmcginty

Re: Remotes skipping multiple channels

unplugging the Roku from the tv worked for me.  thanks for the hint.

0 Kudos
SL28
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

Yes, this is a problem with my Roku 4802. It is especially bad with the included rechargeable remote, so much so that the rechargeable remote is useless and anxiously waits in a drawer until the problem is fixed.

0 Kudos
UncleBrenty
Streaming Star

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

The problem is not with your actual Roku remote.  The problem is with Roku's programming for the remotes.  This has been an ongoing issue since July 2023.  Try the fix that has worked for me for over 3 weeks on my Roku TCL Series 5 and 6 TVs, Roku Ultra and ONN Roku TV, among others.

On the Roku HOME screen press SETTINGS on the left side of the screen then SYSTEM then SOFTWARE UPDATE.

After your Roku is fully updated press OK then go to SETTINGS and then to POWER and then to SYSTEM RESTART then RESTART.   After your Roku device restarts the remote should work normally again.

0 Kudos
Punaula
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote erratically skips or jumps over multiple content in some platforms

As suggested I unplugged my Roku from wall and hdmi cables for 15 minutes.  Then restarted it. Voila remote is back correctly following my thumb.

0 Kudos
DebbieS1
Reel Rookie

Re: When I push the arrow button, it skips more than once. Is my remote going bad?

I had this happen and went on for weeks.  At some point I changed the batteries and the problem IMMEDIATELY resolved - no skipping.  Turns out batteries were low and not enough charge to allow remote to perform correctly.

0 Kudos
Skp1958

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
unsaisfied

My Roku is skipping at a very fast rate and it is impossible to select anything.   I tried unplugging the device, doing a software update then resetting and the problem still isn't corrected.   It seems the issue is derived from the remote, because as soon as I unplug the batteries the issue stops.   I changed the batteries and it did not correct the problem.   I am on a Roku Express and am about to buy a fire stick and throw this away.   In reading 18 pages in this thread of the same issue being reported it seems Roku is not interested in correcting the problem.   Please let me know if I am wrong.

0 Kudos
ChooChooAl
Channel Surfer

You are not wrong.  It is not the remote, I bought a 2nd one and have the same issue still.  However resetting the Roku device did fix the issue. Has been working great for months now.  

I have a firestick too and if it comes to it, I may break it out and see how it works.  The only reason I don't is that I always thought that was an apple product and I don't have apple anything.  Not that anything is controlling my Roku either.

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

You are not wrong this is just one of the problems they ignore. 

0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip ~ unplugging for 5 minutes did the trick! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.