Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UncleBrenty
Streaming Star

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

Just try SETTINGS/SYSTEM/SOFTWARE UPDATE then once your Roku is updated go to SETTINGS/SYSTEM/POWER/SYSTEM RESTART.  This worked for me five weeks ago and I have used this on various TCL ROKU TVs, my Roku Ultra and my sister's ONN Roku TV.

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Welcome Techie Tom.

After you have been on Roku's forums for a while you will realize that their canned advice to Turn off, Reset,Reload,Update ad infinitum is just a game. Hundreds of people asking for a fix to their problems (and there are many,Check the forums)

At least you are original suggesting they add a 2"  fan to their remote. Got to love that one. How about putting the remote in a ziplock bag and putting it in that ice pitcher that you use to cool whatever you are drinking ?

I just wish I was working for a competitor then maybe my five devices would work...

As long as you are satisfied with the way you have to operate your device then carry on....

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Lisa. You could buy a fan Like Techie Tom suggests

0 Kudos
SooSkye

Hi,  has the issue of the remote jumping channels have a fix as mine are still doing it. 

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Sadly no

0 Kudos
Lindacas

Mine just started doing this.  I wonder what conditions caused it.  If we could identify the cause, maybe it would give them a clue about how to fix it.

It says "subscribe to a thread to be notified of updates."  How do  you do that?  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lindacas,

We appreciate you getting in touch here. When you see this issue occur, try to perform a system restart to see if it helps.

If the issue persists, just get back here and provide us with the tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll look forward to your update!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lindacas

Thanks for the reply.

Will do.

0 Kudos
Angi697

Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

My remote keys are moving about 2 to 3 steps ahead or up and down when I only press it once!! Most apps but not all..so frustrating....what can I do? Do I have to buy a new remote? Already tried a reset and changed battery 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote not working in a correct manner

Hi @Angi697,

Welcome, and thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concerns about the issue you are having with your Roku remote. Did you try the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuERey to restart your Roku device?

Also, if the issue persists, please provide us with the tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us updated on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.