Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: When I push the arrow button, it skips more than once. Is my remote going bad?

System update, System restart and dusting off the sensor worked for me.

0 Kudos

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

I am having the same issue with my Roku tvs.  I have tried different remotes.  It does not do it if I use the Roku remote app on my phone but if searching for a movie or show it will not accept the entry.  It is all apps, Amazon, Roku, PureFlix, Upfaith and Family.  But when searching with the remote, you can't because it keeps skipping letters and spaces.  This is very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Roku is so sorry you are having these problems and would like to advise you that people who bought Apple TV’s don’t have those problems. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @daffodil105,

Greetings, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing your experience regarding a similar issue you've encountered. Have you tried performing a restart on your Roku device? If not, we recommend doing so to notice any improvements. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart. Once troubleshooting steps we would also recommend is to unplug your Roku device from the power outlet for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then plugging it back again.

Please let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chrisdem
Channel Surfer

Restarting the device does fix the issue temporarily for me.  After a few days or maybe a week or so, it will happen again and I have to restart it again.

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

Temporary is not a fix. Everything is temporary with this Roku software.

0 Kudos
ChooChooAl
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi

Are you all anywhere closer to finding the bug in the software?
I've restarted my device and I'm not having any issues now and it's been a while. 
My issue start the last time I powered off the Roku.  I normally have it plugged in 24/7.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for posting here at the Roku Community, @ChooChooAl!

Regarding this matter, we don't have any information yet, as our team is currently in the process of fixing this issue. If you experience the same problem, you can reboot your Roku streaming device/TV system by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Power (if this option is unavailable, proceed to the next step) > System restart as a workaround. Let us know how it goes!

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem, with the unplug Roku Stick power/unhook from HDMI plug in back of TV / software reset on the menu / software update on the menu. I had one week of good operation, and then it stops. But the interesting clue is that many of you have said that your Roku stick is HOT.

I am a former TV engineer and I work on computers for myself and my friends. Heat problems can cause electronics to freak out. Computers handle the problem with fans to blow room-temp air over the electronics, and heat sinks (those big hunks of metal on top of processor chips which also may have fans). It might be possible for an enterprising person to mount a small (say, 2" square 12 volt) fan blowing on the Roku stick.

In the meantime, it's reset, unplug and replug. It does work, if only for a while. And for the "Mandy" person who keeps writing snark, either you're working for a Roku competitor and are a paid saboteur, or you're a whiny little child who thinks your third-grade rants will make you another Rush Limbaugh. You're wrong both ways.

0 Kudos

I have three Roku devices and four remotes.  This problem is occurring in all devices, all apps except Netflix.  I have not been able to use any other app for well over a month now.  I am extremely unhappy with the lack of prioritization given this issue.  Adding my up the cost of all subscriptions, this issue has easily cost me over a hundred dollars now.  And with the strikes and lack of original programming ota, I am rapidly losing patience.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.