Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote advancing multiple titles when clicking once

Hi @milchuck,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your Roku remote, but we'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Please provide us with more details.

• When did the issue start?
  • What is the software version of your Roku device? (Settings > System > About)
  • Is this happening on all your Roku devices or remotes, or on just one specific Roku remote or device?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Theander

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

it is  the software unplugged the device from the TV. Remove berries from remote, and from what I read from a lot of people the resetting the device does not work it has to be on Roku side. It needs a update to fix it. would like to have more detailed information on the actual fix if it’s not gonna be done on a Roku update, whenever that may occur

0 Kudos
NomadRalph

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

Problem: Roku/YouTube skipping videos: Click Roku remote right arrow, YouTube skips one or more video titles. Click Roku remote down arrow, YouTube skips one or more rows of video titles.

My system: ISP/TP Link WiFi router/Roku Ultra/flat screen TV

Solution: Unplug WiFi router for approximately 10-15 seconds. Plug back in. Problem solved…..

Your mileage may vary. Good Luck

Ralph

0 Kudos
breynold76
Channel Surfer

Roku phantom button pushes

Myself and others have previously posted about Roku phantom button pushes.

I can confirm that when I disconnect the Wi-Fi while this is happening it instantly stops. Something is sending a Wi-Fi signal through the network for button pushes on the Roku. Also if I connect an Ethernet cable the phantom button pushes instantly stop.

This is absolutely a problem with the built-in Wi-Fi in the Roku. 

I have tried and confirmed with this with the following roku's:

Two Roku Ultras

Two different Roku sound bars

A TCL Roku TV

0 Kudos
jordan2240
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote power button turns tv on but not Roku streaming player.

This may or may not be related, but I do think it relates to some of the replies.  My remote for my express + would turn on the tv and go to the ROKU home screen for every button except the power button.  The power button would take me to the TV home screen and render the roku remote inactive.  To fix this, I went into the TV settings and tuned off the option to automatically go to the home screen.  Now the power button on the remote seems to work fine, though it will go to whatever I was last watching, so may not go directly to the roku home screen if that is not where I was when I shut the TV off.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channel tiles

Hi Community users,

If you're reading this, you might be experiencing difficulties navigating the Roku home screen with the remote. When a remote button is pressed, several channel tiles will jump or skip simultaneously.

We suggest if you are experiencing this remote issue, try restarting your Roku device from the Settings menu (Settings > System > Power > Restart). This will temporarily resolve this issue if you are experiencing it.

If the issue persists, we'd like to gather further information so it can be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team who will investigate this case. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • A specific remote button is having an issue
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When this issue occurs, using your Roku remote's microphone button, say "Get Tracker ID," or press Home 5x and Back 5x in quick succession.).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue

For us to provide you with the necessary support about the issue that you have reported, kindly let us know if the problem has been resolved or reply to the thread with the necessary details.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Giarc15
Reel Rookie

Phantom Button Presses on Roku Ultra Remote

My Roku keeps repeating whatever button was last pressed at totally random time intervals (very difficult to troubleshoot). I suspect this started after a software update (around 10/30/23).

I should say this is NOT a problem with the remote control itself, but I had to post this somewhere.  I have tried using the provided voice remote, an older Roku IR remote, and two different universal IR remotes.  The problem occurs with all of these.

The phantom keystrokes occur in every channel I've used (in the interface and while watching a show), as well as the Home screen interface.  No special steps are required to reproduce the issue, just use the Roku as usual.  There can be long intervals maybe 45 minutes or more where no phantom keystrokes occur, but then there can be a rash of them one after the other.  It's bad enough that the Roku is unusable.

I believe the problem lies in the Roku software.  Here are the things I have tried:

• Removed the voice remote batteries
  • Updated the Roku software
  • Reset the Roku via the Advanced options
  • Unplugged the power adapter for over 30 minutes
  • Did a factory reset on the Roku (without pairing the remote)
  • Set the Device Connect option to OFF (no hot-spot)
  • Masked off the IR sensor on my TV
  • Disabled the BRAVIA Sync (CEC) on my TV
  • Plugged the Roku into a different HDMI port
  • Reset my wireless router

None of these things had any effect on the problem.  Please fix this!

Model: Roku Ultra 4801RW
Serial Number: X01000Y55S9C
Device ID: S0DD32555S9C
Software Version: 12.5.5 build 4174-DE
Tracker ID: 9C-030-266

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Phantom Button Presses on Roku Ultra

Hi, @Giarc15

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information to us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll forward this information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once we hear back from them, an update will be provided in this thread.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Giarc15
Reel Rookie

@RokuTakashi 

I see you have moved my post.  The reason I didn't post it here to begin with was because I felt my symptoms are different.

Most of the members in this topic talk about the selection skipping over channel tiles on the Home screen.  Also, it sounds like the skipping occurs soon after they press an arrow button.  My problem is more random, and can occur in any app (channel) as well as the Home screen.

Also, skipping over tiles is not my only problem.  For example, while watching a show, the program may suddenly pause or rewind 10 seconds all by itself depending on the situation.  I don't see anyone here describing those symptoms.

mandy11
Roku Guru

They (The Borg) don't care what you think. They are here to make you jump through hoops resetting, unplugging, updating and pressing that darn up and home button five times. You are right skipping over channel tiles on the Home screen and kicking you out of apps and back to the home screen are most of the problems. Some of these threads are continuing from a year ago with no resolution. The software is full of bugs and as soon as they think it's fixed they find it's not. Get a Fire stick and your Roku problems will all disappear 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.