Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hudson47

can i get a android on my roku express

Is there anyway of getting an android operating system just like the amazon fire stick or the google Chromecast on the Roku Express because there is not that much apps on the Roku app store and there is way more tv apps on android.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: can i get a android on my roku express

@Hudson47Not likely at all since Roku doesn't include a browser or access to any other OS than their own

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos

Re: can i get a android on my roku express

Unfortunately, Roku Express does not support installing the Android operating system. Roku runs its own OS, and unlike Fire Stick or Chromecast, it doesn’t allow sideloading apps or changing the OS. You’ll need to use a different device like an Amazon Fire Stick or Chromecast for Android-based apps. Please give kudos if this helps!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.