Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cboisseau

Still no available - AirPlay and mirroring

What's the fix? I used to stream from my iPhone using Chromecast in my old set. This Roku TV has no Apple AirPlay available in settings. And mirroring doesn't work either. 

Am I screwed? Hard to believe there's no a fix. Going down this rabbit hole seems fruitless. My set is model 50fs3850. Software version 12.5.5

iPhone is 13 running iOS 17.1. I can't be the only one with this issue. I've read about rebooting and checking for latest Roku software is installed. Check and check ... 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Still no available - AirPlay and mirroring

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Cboisseau!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We'd be happy to look closely into this matter so you can utilize the screen mirroring feature again on your Roku TV.

We are aware of this issue, and we'd like to gather further information from you so we can include your device in the process of investigation and correction. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • All affected mobile devices' OS versions and models. 

We look forward to your response and are eager to help you utilize the screen mirroring feature again.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RohanQ
Reel Rookie

Did u airplay start working again?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RohanQ,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Could you elaborate more on the issue you're running into with the Airplay and Screen mirroring feature on your Roku device?

• When did you start having this issue?
  • Are there any error codes when launching this feature?
  • What mobile phone are you trying to pair?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Please keep us informed so we can continue assisting.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RohanQ
Reel Rookie

I started having this issue about 4-5 months ago and everytime i try to airplay it says unable to connect to roku. Im trying to pair an iphone 15 pro and i have updated both of the devices and reseted everything

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RohanQ,

From the Roku Community, a warm welcome and thanks for the additional information!

We'd love to further investigate this issue that you're having. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuCarly provided above? Once we have that information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RohanQ
Reel Rookie

Its a 55" TCL•Roku TV running on OS 12.5.5 

model: G137X • Roku tv
Id: XA-150-110

Device: iphone 15 pro running latest update

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RohanQ,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Minault

I’m having the same issue.  All our iPhones and iPad were working very well with Roku tv and several Roku sticks. We use these to cast from Rogers Ignite TV, our cable provider. Since last week, airplay no longer works from all iPhones and iPad to all Roku devices. Nobody seems to have an answer!!

0 Kudos
AnnaB3

Oh man, I totally get how annoying it is when AirPlay decides to take a day off on your iPhone. Let's see if we can sort this out together. First things first, make sure both your iPhone and the device you're trying to connect to are on the same Wi-Fi network—it’s a classic gotcha. Sometimes, just toggling your Wi-Fi off and back on can do wonders.

If that doesn't help, try restarting both your iPhone and the other device. I know, the old "turn it off and on again" seems cliché, but it works more often than you'd think! Also, check if there's an iOS update waiting for you; running the latest software can fix little glitches like this.

Another thing to peek at is your AirPlay settings. Swipe down to open the Control Center and see if AirPlay is recognizing your device. If it's still being stubborn, you might want to reset your network settings (just a heads up, you'll need to reconnect to Wi-Fi networks afterward).

If you have problem persist after trying these solution, you can follow for more details assistance below.

https://thegeekpage.com/airplay-not-working-on-iphone-fix/ 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.