Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leroy26

How to reconnect my casting

Jump to solution

Okay I was casting to my Roku TV..I disconnected and tried to reconnect and now it won't let me. How do I fix this problem 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to reconnect my casting

Jump to solution

Hi @Leroy26,

Thanks for raising this concern directly to us, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem casting on your Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

• Restart both devices. Sometimes simply restarting both your phone and Roku TV can help resolve any connection issues. (Settings, System, Power, and System restart.)
  • Make sure both devices are up to date. Check for any available updates on both your phone and Roku TV and install them if necessary.
  • Check your Wi-Fi connection. Make sure your phone and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and that the network is functioning properly. If necessary, try resetting your Wi-Fi router.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to reconnect my casting

Jump to solution

Hi @Leroy26,

Thanks for raising this concern directly to us, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem casting on your Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

• Restart both devices. Sometimes simply restarting both your phone and Roku TV can help resolve any connection issues. (Settings, System, Power, and System restart.)
  • Make sure both devices are up to date. Check for any available updates on both your phone and Roku TV and install them if necessary.
  • Check your Wi-Fi connection. Make sure your phone and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and that the network is functioning properly. If necessary, try resetting your Wi-Fi router.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.