Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaneZiggler
Reel Rookie

Roku Box and Apps Slightly Zoomed in on Samsung TV

Hello, everyone. I recently got a Roku Box and connected it to my Samsung Smart TV via HDMI. The problem is that it seems to be slightly zoomed in, something especially noticeable on apps like Plex and Prime Video, on which elements of the interface seem slightly too close to the border, close to being cut off. I have the "fit to screen" setting on my TV disabled, and the Roku's picture size setting is at "auto," which reads my screen as being 1080p, though I believe it may actually be 4K. Is there anything I can do to alleviate the zooming and have it fit my screen at the right size? Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Box and Apps Slightly Zoomed in on Samsung TV

It has nothing to do with the Roku device and everything to do with the TV.  Go through its settings.  Some TVs have overscan that can't be disabled, but I doubt that's the case with a Samsung TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Box and Apps Slightly Zoomed in on Samsung TV

I believe Samsung calls their non-overscan mode "screen fit" which sounds suspiciously close to the "fit to screen" that the OP has disabled.  (But they might have two closely named options.)

Also, on many TVs, some or all screen settings are independent for each input.

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.