Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmo26

Soundbar sound static issues

Soundbar is less than 1 yr old. Last update a few months ago and now it is static and sound shuts off. The light on front of bar will turn orange then Roku will shut off. I have reset multiple times. I have checked settings for sound on tv and bar all seem ok. Sound on tv works fine when I disconnect Roku Soundbar. 
All other tvs have Roku streaming sticks and work just fine. Roku Smart Soundbar  

This is the only Roku item I have purchased directly from Roku all others from Amazon have extended warranty. Since purchased from Roku I will have to replace out of pocket if issue can not be correct.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Soundbar sound static issues

Hi @Kmo26,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community.

We want to learn more about this behavior happening in your Soundbar. Could you tell us if this is happening when playing all the content on your device?

Have you tried using different cords to see if that helps?

Tell us more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kmo259

I have tried various channels (Netflix, YouTube, Amazon) on the soundbar and there is static noise. I have used the soundbar on regular cable tv and still get the static sound.

i have changed cable, checked all sound settings and verified no updates pending on tv or the soundbar.

I researched this issue extensively online to see if there was a fix I could do.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Kmo26,

Could you please send us your Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

In addition, we humbly ask for a video with audio referring to the static noise that your Roku soundbar is producing. You can send it privately to us by privately selecting to visit our profile page and selecting the "Send this user a private message" option.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rerun77
Reel Rookie

I'm having trouble with my roku soundbar because the sound goes in and out- sounds hollow and it is very static. Can someone from support please contact me? We tried a new optical audio cable and it is the same thing. 

0 Kudos
rerun77
Reel Rookie

It also seems like the optical audio cable is not a tight fit. It seems very loose. model 9102x

0 Kudos
rerun77
Reel Rookie

IMG_7925.jpg

0 Kudos