Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilesh9
Reel Rookie

Software Update Issue | Error Code 008

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Please help me with this issue, I am stuck at this for days now.

I have factory reset my ROKU ONN TV and as soon as I am trying to connect to the Wifi or Wired connection, it shows that connection was successful, BUT, immediately takes me to the Update Prompt box, where it throws me the Error Code 008.

I have tried restarting the device (both wifi and TV) and also factory resetting it, but no use of that as well.

Also, could someone please provide the latest software patch? Version11.5.0.4312?

Any help would deeply be appreciated!!  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nilesh9
Reel Rookie

Re: Software Update Issue | Error Code 008

Jump to solution

Hey,

Just make sure to hold the reset button on your TV for a longer duration, like half a minute.

that will make sure it resets, and then you can either connect it to a wifi or I would suggest to connect with ethernet cable.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You may be able to download the update from Roku | TV USB Updater .  The updates available there often lag behind what you can get with the TV's update function, so don't be surprised if the latest version isn't available.  You'll need the Roku model number (not the TV's model number) that's displayed under Settings->System->About.  You can also try connecting to an alternate network like your phone's hotspot to get the TV to update itself.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
nilesh9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have tried both the options.

- The latest software is not available, I tried it the USB way, then it is asking me to have atleast this version - 11.5.0.4312 on my USB.

- I have tried connecting with a different network provider as well (Bell, Virgin, Chatr) but it didn't help.

Please advise.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, I have the same problem how. How did you solve your problem?

0 Kudos
nilesh9
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey,

Just make sure to hold the reset button on your TV for a longer duration, like half a minute.

that will make sure it resets, and then you can either connect it to a wifi or I would suggest to connect with ethernet cable.

Jump to solution

OMG! This worked. Thanks, Nilesh. 

0 Kudos
Wheats50

Jump to solution

I have tried resetting the tv including by holding the reset button for 30 seconds. Tried updating via wifi, my phone's hot spot and wired internet. And it will not update. It's a Onn Roku tv 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Wheats50

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

Let us help. To clarify, does your Roku TV require you to perform a software update? Are you able to access the home page of the TV? Do you receive the same error message or code? 

Please let us know any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
lolruko

Jump to solution

same problem here, 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lolruko,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce the issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos