Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gripnrip26

Screen mirroring to my android phone

Jump to solution

One of my devices does not show up on my android/smart view for Samsung phone, to link to my phone.  The other two devices in my home show and I can mirror to both of them.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring to my android phone

Jump to solution

Hi @gripnrip26,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this screen mirroring issue. We'd like to help. It's possible that something is wrong with the screen mirroring connection.

See how to confirm the screen mirroring connection.

Once you establish a connection between your Android device to your Roku streaming device, a screen mirroring request will appear on your TV screen. Using your Roku remote, select an option to allow the request.

• Always allow: Always allow content from the device to be screen mirrored to your Roku device without displaying the on-screen prompt during each future attempt. This adds the device to a list of allowed devices.
  • Allow: Allow content from the device to be screen mirrored on your Roku device for the current session.
  • Block: Block the current attempt and do not allow the device to connect to your Roku device.
  • Always block: Always block an attempt from the device, and do not display an on-screen prompt for future attempts. This adds the device to a list of blocked devices.

After you accept a request and a screen mirroring connection is established, you can browse your Android device on the TV and watch content from the apps installed on that device. When you are playing content, use your Android device to play, pause, fast forward, and rewind.

If this has been set up already and is still having an issue, please report back here with the serial number of the Roku device. We'll take a closer look.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring to my android phone

Jump to solution

Hi @gripnrip26,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this screen mirroring issue. We'd like to help. It's possible that something is wrong with the screen mirroring connection.

See how to confirm the screen mirroring connection.

Once you establish a connection between your Android device to your Roku streaming device, a screen mirroring request will appear on your TV screen. Using your Roku remote, select an option to allow the request.

• Always allow: Always allow content from the device to be screen mirrored to your Roku device without displaying the on-screen prompt during each future attempt. This adds the device to a list of allowed devices.
  • Allow: Allow content from the device to be screen mirrored on your Roku device for the current session.
  • Block: Block the current attempt and do not allow the device to connect to your Roku device.
  • Always block: Always block an attempt from the device, and do not display an on-screen prompt for future attempts. This adds the device to a list of blocked devices.

After you accept a request and a screen mirroring connection is established, you can browse your Android device on the TV and watch content from the apps installed on that device. When you are playing content, use your Android device to play, pause, fast forward, and rewind.

If this has been set up already and is still having an issue, please report back here with the serial number of the Roku device. We'll take a closer look.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.