Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Halflarrybird
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

@RokuEmmanuel-D I need help with this too! Customer service told me I needed to buy a new device which is absolutely ridiculous. How can I get this taken care of without having to file a case with the BBB? 

Version: 9.3.0 * 1060
Serial number: YL008X996962
Device ID: 2A1178996962
Roku: 9102R

Gregrv
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Looks like the replacement is going to be a refurbished unit not new 

0 Kudos
markmwf
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in an endless recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

Here is my purple screen recovery info:

Version: 9.3.0 * 1060

Serial number: YL000T095575

Device ID: 2A1180095575

Roku: 9102R

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in an endless recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

Hi, @markmwf.

Thanks for stopping by here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this and for providing additional information about your device. We'd be happy to gather these details and forward them to the relevant team for review and investigation. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Rest assured that our Roku team is working hard to resolve this issue shortly to get you back on streaming.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist you further.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

They were able to get mine back up and running without sending me another box after the perpetual loop.  Not sure why they would replace the device if it's just a corrupt distribution of code.

0 Kudos
Smille35

Jump to solution

Streambar is stuck in recovery loop like many others on here. more than two dozen attempts to push through the recovery process have yielded nothing but the purple screen of death. My recovery info is as follows:

Version 9.3.0*1058

Serial Number YL008V643630

Device ID 3K61C8643630

Roku 9101R2

Looking forward to seeing how we're going to fix this. 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Smille35.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for providing extra details and for bringing this to our attention. We have already forwarded this to the relevant team to include your device in the ongoing investigation of this problem. Rest assured that our team is working hard to resolve this issue and get you back to streaming.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @Halflarrybird.

Thanks for flagging it here in the Roku Community!

We see you're also having problems with your Roku Streambar, which is stuck in recovery mode. Let's take care of it for you.

We've already forwarded your information and included your device for the ongoing investigation of this issue to our dedicated Roku team. They're working hard to resolve this issue and get you back to watching what you love. We are grateful for your understanding and full cooperation in helping us get everything on track.

We'll update this thread as soon as a resolution has been provided.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Halflarrybird
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuEmmanuel-D Contacted customer support yesterday via phone. Was supposed to receive a callback today but that didn't happen. Currently on hold with support again going through all the same steps I went through yesterday. Still no success....Whats the resolution here? It seems like some customers are getting it fixed but for some reason the support team can't help me? 

0 Kudos
Gregrv
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just wanted to provide some info on this problem and what worked for me.

My stream bar has been stuck in recovery mode for several days now and no matter what I tried nothing worked and I just happened to read a post from someone having the same problem about a year ago and they found that doing the restart but using French language instead of English took care of the problem so I gave it a try and sure enough it completed the update and is now working again.

For how long I don't know but so far, its working well.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.