Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

My roku is stuck in recovery mode

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @carolynmaupin58,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are currently aware of this, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details so we can send the additional information for the investigation to our appropriate Roku team:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings System About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Please keep us posted with the above information, and we will continue to assist you should you need further aid. We look forward to hearing your response.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have been in Recovery Mode for 5 days.  It is stuck.  How do I get past this screen?

Version 9.3.0 *1660

Serial Number YL00E0952288

Device ID 2A117E952288

Roku 9102R

The light is green after holding the reset button after being orange/yellow for 5 days.

0 Kudos
luisglen2

Re:Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

My streambar 9102r is stuck in recovery mode. I tried the reset everything, ended reconfiguring sverything, still stuck.

Version 9.3.0 * 1050

SN YL0058794547

Dev ID 2A10A5794547

Roku 9102R

0 Kudos
markmwf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Roku Dev team was able to resolve this issue for me.  As others on the thread experienced, there was no way to resolve this issue without providing your information on the Purple Recovery screen and wait until someone resolves this issue on Roku's end.  Not exactly sure what they did; send a code patch to my device or update information on their servers to get my streambar to actually run the recovery mode successfully.  It did take three times through recovery mode to get it back functional without performing any resets in between.  

I also reached out to Roku Chat support prior to sending my information on this thread.  As others noted they did not help and only suggested that I replace my unit.  So there is a disconnect in communication with the on-line Chat support (I did provide them a link to this thread).  Hopefully someone can update the Roku Chat support team as to what the solution is.  Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Gregrv
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Have you tried using a different language during the recovery set up?

I used French language and it finally worked for mine.

0 Kudos
markmwf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did try changing the language to French and didn't have any success.  Maybe you need to try multiple times?  If the Roku dev team can advise if changing the language is a viable solution and what the process is that would be great or explain a little more on what was done to get devices to complete recovery in my case.

0 Kudos
Gregrv
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

In my case I tried the French language only one time and it immediately went through the proper steps to finish the updates. That was a couple days ago and so far, is still working ok but it sounds like that doesn't work for everyone.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @luisglen2@RStreamOKNovice,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your Rou Streambar stuck in recovery mode. We are happy to assist. 

We've passed on your information to the right Roku team for further investigation. Thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime!

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cloud7570
Reel Rookie

Streambar pro in recovery mode

Jump to solution

My Roku streambar pro has been stuck in recovery mode for about a week. I can’t control anything on that recovery screen. Doesn’t connect to tv or play sound.
Any known fixes?

version 9.3.0 * 1062

Serial number YL000L185569

Device ID 3K6290185569

Roku 9101R2

Thank you

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.