Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emillz
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

Here is my purple screen recovery mode info:

Version: 9.3.0 * 1058

Serial number: YL004F864198

Device ID: 3K6174684198

Roku: 9101R2

0 Kudos
jmanmulk

Jump to solution

Please help am having this same issue as everyone else on here. Here is my recovery menu info 

Verison: 9.3.0*1050

Serial Number: YL00FF962104

Device ID: 2A10AF962104

Roku: 9102R

Please help love my Roku Streambar, dont want to throw out a perfectly good device due to this software error.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Fwrem84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here is my purple screen recovery info:

Version: 9.3.0 * 1050

Serial number: YL008N882124

Device ID: 2A1158882124

Roku: 9102R

Roku support, Please reach out to me individually when the fix is targeted to above for the recovery mode to work for my specific device.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in an endless recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

Greg

Post your device info from the recovery screen at bottom left.  ROKU code monkeys will eventually email you if you registered your device.  Took over a week for them to get to me.  Their AI bots try and blame your ISP, your router, dog pooping on neighbors yard.  Hurry up and wait.  When they did reach out to me, it took 2 or 3 times for it to finally get resolved, but you're and expert at that point on the steps.

0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Don't throw that IoT brick out yet!  Your brick will eventually get fixed one at a time like Crowdstrike/Microsoft payloads.    You've provided the info and as long as you registered your device, they'll have way to reach out to you and have you go through the motions.  Takes week or more.'

You may miss men beating up women in Paris or stranded astronauts testing Boeing Starliner..

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @jmanmulk and @Emillz.

Thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for providing additional details about the issue you're currently running into. Rest assured that this has already been forwarded to the relevant Roku team for a thorough review and investigation. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

We'll keep you posted once a resolution has been provided,

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hkhbooth

Jump to solution

I also have a Streambar stuck in recovery loop.  I have done the factory reset, on the bar and my Sharp Roku TV, I have unplugged everything, removed everything from all inputs, deleted all input information, changed the HDMI cable, reset internet connections, done everything I can possibly think of. When holding the reset button in, the light turns off, then red, then white, then green, but the device itself doesn't seem to do anything. Resetting while on the Recovery Mode screen shows it finding the device, then it tells me to keep the power on until updating is finished as this might take a bit, then immediately just goes back to the recovery mode screen. The recovery mode screen does not even allow me to do anything, I can't even scroll up or down to select a different language.  My recovery mode info is as follows:

Version 9.3.0 * 1060

Serial Number YL00HL128062

Device ID 2A118H128062

Roku 9102R 

Thanks for any help you can give, Roku! 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, @hkhbooth.

Thanks for sharing it here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you going the extra mile to resolve the issue. Our team is currently taking a closer look into it and aims to resolve it as soon as possible. Rest assured that we've already forwarded all your device information to include it in the ongoing investigation.

Thanks for bearing with us and for your understanding of this matter.

Let us know if you need more help.

Sincerely,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emillz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just wanted to update some people here who may be wondering what the resolution from Roku was for me.

Just got a call from Roku and they  are shipping me a new Streambar and having me send back the bricked one. 

Not sure this will be the resolution for everyone but wanted to share my situation. 

Gregrv
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, I just received a call as well offering to ship me a new unit.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.