Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Ongoing 3900x Software Update Problems

Hi @MercatorRete

Thanks for following up. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this problem has caused. As we have advised, we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Once more information is available we'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

MercatorRete
Channel Surfer

Why were other users offered direct contact with your engineering team via personal direct email contac?   While for some reason I was not offered the same?

At least one other user wrote on this same thread that he received a replacement from your engineering team.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@MercatorRete

As per your request, I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. Kindly keep an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
fjones
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express with old firmware unable to update the software

Hello,

It's been four months since I first requested assistance with this issue, and no substantive response has been received since.  Please can you provide an update?

Fil

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @fjones,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand that you're still having the issue of not being able to update your software. For us to better understand the issue, have you already set up and activated the device you're using?

We would appreciate your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fjones
Channel Surfer

Hi Kash,

I have now attempted to retry updating the device and it seems to be working!

I do not recall whether it was previously activated, however it now works, and the activation has worked as well.

Perhaps to the others that have struggled with it, it looks like changes have been made and your device might work again!

0 Kudos

I’m going through exact same thing!

Since this morning, my Roku couldn’t connect to my wifi. After doing everything suggested online, i put it in factory reset and now im stuck on the software update error 003.

Model: 3930X

SN: S01V318JWHYT

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bovgeneral1,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku Express. We're happy to assist you further. Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos