Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linseylougoo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express with old firmware unable to update the software

Please help with mine! Same issue stuck on checking for new software.  I did a system reboot and now I have absolutely no way to get back.  Model 3900x serial # c43814152621

0 Kudos
brokenstuff
Reel Rookie

Re: therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

I was at work on break when it didn't work, but now I 'm at home it is working. I guess I have to accept it doesn't work on the computers at work or on the wifi there like it used to. There is nothing I can do to fix or change anything there.

Maybe one day it will randomly start working again. I can just hope for that. (Other video sites work perfectly fine.)

Thanks for responding!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Linseylougoo,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with your Roku device that is stuck in updating software and all of the troubleshooting you've done.

We would recommend continuing to try to keep checking for an update to see if the device will install the latest update. You may also try connecting to an alternate wireless network to install the update, then when successful switch back to the Home network.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lewisbarnes
Channel Surfer

Re: Ongoing 3900x Software Update Problems

Hi Mary,

I haven't head back from you in 2 weeks now, and your support haven't been in touch via email. Can you chase this up for me please or let me know how to go about getting a replacement product given mine is now bricked even after following your advice?

Cheers,

Lewis

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lewisbarnes,

Thanks for following up regarding the issue with your Roku device that is unable to update the latest Roku OS. We apologize for the delay in a solution.

At this time, we have no update to provide but rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We are committed to finding a solution and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lewisbarnes
Channel Surfer

Are you able to provide me with a replacement device given mine is now no longer operational due to following the advice provided by Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lewisbarnes,

Thanks for the post.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lewisbarnes
Channel Surfer

Thank you. I'll be in touch if they haven't written to me within a week

0 Kudos
MercatorRete
Channel Surfer

As you will note I am one of the many that has written to you on this forum. I see from other posts that ROKU has either offered a replacement or to be put in direct contact with your support team. I am asking that you also provide your team with my email address so that they can contact me regarding this problem.

0 Kudos
Linseylougoo
Reel Rookie

Mary, sorry if I am replying on 2 different threads but yes we tried connecting to 2 different cell networks and the home network.  It has no trouble connecting but tried updating on all three and the little wheel just turns until it times out and shuts off. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.