Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDW2

Problem with Roku Express HD

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Roku Express and connected it via HDMI.  I am unable to get past the set up. I put in the WiFi information and it goes back to the first set up page (select language). I've unplugged it, moved to 3 different HDMI ports, rebooted it, and I still get the same results. 

Can this problem be resolved or do I just need to return it and get my money back? Please advise. 

Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problem with Roku Express HD

Jump to solution

Hello! @CDW2,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about setting up your Roku Express and for trying some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. We're pleased to assist.

If you cannot connect your streaming device to the internet, you may be able to connect to a hotspot using your mobile device. A hotspot might be helpful if you have a temporary network outage or are outside the Wi-Fi range. After the setup is complete, you can turn off the hotspot and try to connect it to your Wi-Fi. 

Follow the hotspot setup instructions for your phone and then follow the steps in the section above to find and connect to your phone's hotspot network.

Hotspot capability is dependent on your mobile device and mobile service provider. Downloading updates for your streaming device can consume large amounts of data. Refer to your service provider for your data limits and hotspot policy.

For additional information on setting up your Roku Express, please see How to set up your Roku Express.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problem with Roku Express HD

Jump to solution

Hello! @CDW2,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about setting up your Roku Express and for trying some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. We're pleased to assist.

If you cannot connect your streaming device to the internet, you may be able to connect to a hotspot using your mobile device. A hotspot might be helpful if you have a temporary network outage or are outside the Wi-Fi range. After the setup is complete, you can turn off the hotspot and try to connect it to your Wi-Fi. 

Follow the hotspot setup instructions for your phone and then follow the steps in the section above to find and connect to your phone's hotspot network.

Hotspot capability is dependent on your mobile device and mobile service provider. Downloading updates for your streaming device can consume large amounts of data. Refer to your service provider for your data limits and hotspot policy.

For additional information on setting up your Roku Express, please see How to set up your Roku Express.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.