Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

"Hide This Ad" Feature Doesn't Always Seem To Work

Hi.  As the subject line implies, the "Hide This Ad" feature doesn't always seem to work correctly.  That is, unless I'm missing something or don't fully understand how it's designed to operate.

What sometimes happens is that I highlight an advertisement on the home screen of my Roku player, I select the '*' (asterisk/star) button on the Roku remote, and I select "Hide this ad" option on the screen.

Most of the time, as expected, the advertisement will disappear.

However, every once in a while, the same advertisement will immediately appear again a second time.  A few times, I've gone through the process to hide this same advertisement a second time, only to have the same ad immediately appear again a third time.

Since my device seems to limit me to suppressing only five ads daily, it would be ideal if ads were suppressed correctly (and, permanently) the first time.

If you have any feedback or tips for me, I welcome them.  Otherwise, if you could pass this information along to your software developers for investigation, I would be most grateful.

Following are the details of my Roku hardware and software:

• Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Software Version: 12.5.5
  • Build: 4174

Thanks for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

Re: "Hide This Ad" Feature Doesn't Always Seem To Work

Bump...

Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

Re: "Hide This Ad" Feature Doesn't Always Seem To Work

Bumping again, in hopes of getting someone from Roku Support to see the post and forward the information to Roku Software Development.

Since my initial post, my Roku software has been updated.

• Roku Streaming Stick+
  • Software Version: 13.0.0
  • Build: 24056

Despite the new software version, the initial issue continues to happen.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.