Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chazzy69

How do I turn off guest mode

Jump to solution

I can't turn off guest mode and I can not access anything else. Screen says oops try again later

Can someone help me 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Turn off guest mode i put my pin in and it says oops try again later

Jump to solution

Hi @Chazzy69.

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us regarding your guest mode accessibility and we're here to find you the best resolution.

Follow the steps below to manually sign out of guest mode on your Roku device/TV:

1. Press Home on the Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Guest Mode Options
  3. Select Sign out and clear info and confirm

Here's our Support link for reference: How to sign out of Guest Mode

If the issue still persists, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than willing to continue assisting you.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Chazzy69.

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us regarding your guest mode accessibility and we're here to find you the best resolution.

Follow the steps below to manually sign out of guest mode on your Roku device/TV:

1. Press Home on the Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Guest Mode Options
  3. Select Sign out and clear info and confirm

Here's our Support link for reference: How to sign out of Guest Mode

If the issue still persists, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than willing to continue assisting you.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I cant get out of guest mode. It tells me to pick a date, I did. Waited for 11am , go back to app, and theyve given me another time and date to check out of guest. I have 1 pin # and it tells me that this is not valid. WTF

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DuchessVicky, is this a device you set up and own?  If so, you can turn off guest mode by logging into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com .  If not, we may need more details about the situation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
emilyshugars8@gmail.com
0 Kudos
dsalling
Reel Rookie

Re: Turn off guest mode instructions do not work. Stuck in Guest Mode

Jump to solution

I have followed the steps outlined in this thread to exit guest mode. Unfortunately, they do not work. When I sign out and clear data, it brings me to a screen that says when are you checking out. I can only check out on upcoming days and not the current day. So I tried this and came back to my Roku TV on the next day to see if I was signed out of guest mode and I wasn’t. I repeated the process and got the same result. When I logged onto my.rokotv.com, it tells me I have no Roku devices listed. I have had this TV since 2020 and even paid a $279 subscription fee for lifetime use. I am ready to bring this TV to the recycle center and purchase a non-Roku TV. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Turn off guest mode instructions do not work. Stuck in Guest Mode **bleep**

Jump to solution

Hi @dsalling,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
This may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can also check out this support article here on where to get support for your Roku TV.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dsalling wrote:

it tells me I have no Roku devices listed. I have had this TV since 2020 and even paid a $279 subscription fee for lifetime use. I am ready to bring this TV to the recycle center and purchase a non-Roku TV. Please help!

You may be aware by now, but just in case: the guy who collected your $279 was a scammer.  (There is no fee, lifetime or otherwise, for Roku use.) These guys tend to register your TV on an account they create, which gives them control over your Roku.  Usually, they come back and try to scam you out of some more money and then only put your TV into guest mode if you don't pay up. But, I suspect phone numbers change, and scammers get confused about which victim is which and sometimes put the "wrong" victim's TV into the guest mode.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@dsalling, my.rokotv.com is not a Roku site.  I'm pretty sure Roku would not misspell Roku.  Sorry, but you were big time scammed.  See if this post helps:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/TV-stuck-in-guest-mode-on-roku-for-hours/m-p/895036/h...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos