Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffR
Binge Watcher

Home Screen New Input Folder

Jump to solution

The new folder that Roku has created to keep the devices inputs on the home screen is annoying. 
It's confusing and only creates an extra step to get to the inputs you're looking for.
I would like to see it removed and return to the previous separate inputs or at least make it user customizable.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Home Screen New Input Folder

Jump to solution

@JeffR Roku is the operating system of your TV.  Roku has control over the operating system.  If you don't want Roku to change anything on your Hisense TV set up the Roku to have the TV start on a certain HDMI input.  Then unlink the TV from your Roku account.  Roku will then do nothing to your TV.  However you can use the device connected to the HDMI input you selected.  You can then use the TV as a normal non smart TV which no one has any control over except you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JeffR,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing this new interface on your device. Your feedback is much appreciated, and we'll make sure to communicate this to the appropriate Roku team for further review.

We'll take it from here, and thanks for reaching out!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Never mind I misunderstood the problem here. *shrug*

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
BruinBeta69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It was so much easier when all the inputs are on the home screen. I would go to the home screen, select my input and Voila, I would be where I needed to be. Now I have to go to the Home Screen,  hit TV inputs then hit the input I want. I don’t understand why I have to do the extra step.

MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm not seeing what's being discussed here. All my inputs are right there separately on the home screen. Are you guys beta testing or something?

Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
BruinBeta69
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My TV inputs used to be on the home screen. Now, I have a “TV inputs” folder and I have to open it to find all of my inputs. It adds at least one step to the process.  
I don’t know how or why that changed. 

JeffR
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If we are being beta tested it is not of our own choice.
All of my televisions inputs are in a separate folder with the exception of antenna.
Satellite, Blu-ray and chromecast are in a folder marked "Tv inputs" on my home screen.
To select any of these I must first select the folder then the input.
It is an unnecessary extra step.

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It appears that some users are seeing the new input folders and others are not.  I do have the new input folder on all of my TCL Roku TVs.  It appears that the option to have the TV start on a particular input is still available.  If you have a particular HDMI input that you use most of the time that may help with some of the concerns.  I only use one HDMI input on my TCL Roku TVs so I am not really affected by the change.

JeffR
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agreed. I too use HDMI 1 most often and my TV goes to it automatically. I often use the other inputs as well and to have to open the folder to select the other inputs is an unnecessary step.
Since it appears that not all users have the folder I'm hoping it's a beta test and Roku reverts back to the original format or at least make it an option. Thank you.

MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just did a system update on my TV and still don't see what you guys are talking about. All my inputs are right there separate on my home screen.

It would be helpful if y'all would state what the exact device and system versions are you're running.