Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home Screen New Input Folder

Jump to solution

I am not sure if this new Inputs folder is planned system wide or is still just a test feature for some.  My Insignia RokuTV recently updated to 12.5 build 4172-49 and still have independent Inputs on my Home Screen.

Users should continue to provide feedback.  I don't really see a problem if the Inputs folder does become part of the Home Screen, but does seem a bit unnecessary.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

frostified
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apparently this is still being randomly tested. I dont like it, this is a very stupid idea. It creates an unnecessary extra step just to access inputs that are now all cluttered together instead of being separate panels.

You are already able to move the panels on the home screen and customize where you want them.

This takes away that option entirely and is annoying. 

At least make it an option in settings. 

I absolutely do not want any of my apps or panels in one clumped up folder.

Tequila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Clearly this is an epic fail. Some may like it, I don't. At least make it an option, but no, big tech mind control telling us what we want. I won't tolerate it, this is the kind of thing that will mean no more roku products for me. 

Tequila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm sure you are correct. I'm sure they have this somewhere on page 8437 of their docs, but I don't appreciate being a big tech guinea pig. I had mine set up the way I like it, knew where every app was and that has all been scrambled. If you want Guinea pigs at least ask for volunteers. 

BrainOpps

Jump to solution

I wanted to voice my opinion of the new folder also.  I hate it and wish there was an option for the folder or not.  One of my inputs are security cameras and I used to get that nice little preview window of the camera right on the main menu, not anymore.  

Please undo this change!

Brian_V
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree with the original post and want to add my note of displeasure.  I just received the update that created the "TV Inputs" folder as well.  I highly dislike this change.  I often switch between TV inputs and having to navigate down subfolders to make the switch is problematic at best.  Along with the majority or responses, I hope they revert this change or at the very least make it optional. 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing your suggestion, and we value your feedback. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.
This has been noted, and if you need anything else, please let us know.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robepayne

Jump to solution

Agreed, if this isn’t resolved shortly I’ll be switching TV manufacturers. This feature helped solve ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, OPTIMIZED NOTHING, NOR STREAMLINED ANY PROCESS. My OCD literally pains me to have to go into the folder and click my HDMI. When I DIDNT HAVE TO PRIOR. The extra step physically hurts my brain when I have to do it because of how blatantly useless it is. 

Tequila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What makes it even worse is that after setting all my apps as I, wanted them, everything is now changed. Hopefully Roku pays attention, there is not a single positive posting, everyone dislikes this. You would think a company that wants more business would jot react quickly to this. If they want this as an option, that's fine,but forcing it on us is not cool. Funny how there's no such option to group other apps

Tequila
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, while I appreciate the fact that Roku has "noted" this, that is an unacceptable response. There are 3 pages of comments in this thread. Other than Roku appreciated responses and a post to simply dumb down the TV and a few that have not seen this yet, there is NOT ONE POSITIVE comment. So, Roku, note all you want - it's been a week and its time to act. Fix it now please.