Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorriev
Channel Surfer

Re: Bluetooth Headphones not auto connecting with Roku

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Thanks for passing along my error info.

It's such a nuisance to have to reconnect the earbuds each time I want to use my Roku Ultra.

Any word on when we can expect a bug fix?

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lorriev,

Thanks for following up.

We sincerely apologized for this issue with Bluetooth headphones not connecting to their Roku device.

Rest assured that I have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cbrooku

Jump to solution

Possibly useful information for Roku when debugging this.  I have this problem with Sony XB650 phones, but JBL EB55T phones autoconnect when powered on.  So there's a pair of test cases that may help if you compare them.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cbrooku

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with not auto-connecting Bluetooth headphones, this is noted. To continue assisting you and forward this detail to the team, can you provide us as well the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll keep an eye on your response. Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks the posts regarding using Bluetooth headphones and it not auto connecting to your Roku device. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we investigated this issue. We believe we have found the cause of the issue and expect this to be resolved in a future update.

Should you experience another issue in the future that we can assist with, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BAMi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi

Has a fix been found for this issue please?

I have 2 external headphones connected to my Roku streambar.  Same make, different models.  One model connects automatically as soon as I turn it on.  The other I have to connect manually in settings every single time, despite 'auto-detect' being turned on.

Roku streambar 9102EU
Serial number UL0057488396
Device ID 2E1285488369
Software O/S version 12.00 build 4184-95

0 Kudos
BAMi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi

Was there ever a solution to this issue please? 

I have 2 wireless headphones connected to my Roku streambar.  Same make, different models.  One model connects as soon as it's switched on, but the other I have to manually connect through settings every single time despite 'auto-detect' being switched on.

Roku streambar 9102EU
Serial number UL0057488396
Device ID 2E1285488369
Software O/S version 12.00 build 4184-95

0 Kudos