Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [13.0] Airplay and screen mirror not working

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We acknowledge the concern you have shared, and we're here to collect more details so this issue will be sorted out. Can you please provide the information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • iPhone Model and iOS version. 

Once this information is available, we'll forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello, Community users!

Thank you, everyone! We understand that you are experiencing issues with the Airplay and screen features. We appreciate your troubleshooting attempts and for providing us with the requested details precisely. Rest assured, we will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review.

In the meantime, we are grateful for your patience and understanding as we work on this. We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate your bearing with us.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RichBa

Air Play stopped working to share content on TV

Samsung smart tv and iPad. when hitting air play on the iPad the tv shows air play, however the Roku main screen then appears and not iPad content. This is new in the past few weeks. Restarting does not work?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Air Play stopped working to share content on TV

Hi @RichBa,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble with your Roku device's Airplay and Screen features. We are currently aware of this, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us by providing the required details posted by @RokuTakashi above so we can send additional information to the appropriate Roku team for investigation.

We look forward to your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfireo

Same here.

Device: TCL 65S455-CA

Software Version: 13.0.0 build 24062-CG

Issue ID MV-250-135

AirPlay app broke after the above update. I say AirPlay app 'broke' because when I navigate to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit, the AirPlay logo/text on black screen comes up and hangs there for a few seconds, then it goes back to the main settings menu. In the past, you would see the logo/text for a second, and then it would show you the AirPlay settings, like whether if it needs a code to connect, or what to set the name to etc. None of those are shown, the AirPlay app probably crashes in the background, and the TV goes back to the main settings menu.

I did reboot the TV, but I'm not willing to reset to factory settings, since other commenters said they did, and it didn't fix the issue.

0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I found the temporary solution for the airplay crash problem. When ever it happens restart your device as follows: 

Setting->System->Power->System Restart.

and wait to connect to network again and after that it will work for a while.

If happened again, do the same way again.

This is worked for me.

Hope it will help some how.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.