Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Av8er
Reel Rookie

[13.0] Airplay and screen mirror not working

Model: 4800X

Serial: X01000UWN4MD

Device ID: S02A20DWN4MD

Version: 13.0.0 build 24056-C2

ID: MD-232-854

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
DuCkz
Reel Rookie

[13.0] Airplay and screen mirror not working

Airplay and screen mirror stop working. Tried system reset and connection reset and still not working….

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [13.0] Airplay and screen mirror not working

Welcome @DuCkz,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community! 

We have acknowledged that you are encountering difficulties with using the Airplay and Screen Mirroring feature on your Roku device. We appreciate your efforts in attempting to address this issue.

If you're having an issue using an Airplay you can try the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

1. Try a manual Software Update. Check if your Roku Device/TV is still compatible with the feature. To perform a Software Update on your Roku Device/TV, go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now.
  2. Check if your phone and Roku device/TV are on the same wireless network.
  3. You can also try Rebooting your Phone to see if it will resolve the issue.

If none of the troubleshooting steps work, please keep us posted so we can investigate the issue further. For more detailed information about Airplay and Screen Mirroring, visit this support article: How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DuCkz
Reel Rookie

I tried all the steps and no luck. It was working fine before but it been over a week now with this problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DuCkz,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop!

We appreciate you doing all the suggested troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, but it still hasn't been resolved. We want to investigate more about the problem you're encountering to forward this issue to the appropriate team for further review. Please provide the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Mobile phone's model and running software version.

By providing this information, our appropriate support team will be able to thoroughly investigate the issues with your devices and provide the appropriate assistance.

We will surely keep you posted.

Warm regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @chengtu,

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you need assistance in enabling screen mirroring on your Roku TV. we're happy to help. Follow the steps below to successfully set the Airplay:

Before you can use AirPlay with your Roku device, check that your Apple device and Roku device are on the same wireless network. Once they are, you can use the steps below to view content on your TV using AirPlay.

1. Go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and make sure AirPlay is set to On.
  2. On your Apple device, find the video, song, photo, or podcast you wish to share.
  3. Tap or click the AirPlay video icon in video apps or the AirPlay audio icon in music and other audio apps.
  4. Select your Roku device from the AirPlay menu.

Note: With some apps, you may need to tap or click the Share icon before you will see the AirPlay icon

Once playback begins, you can pause, fast forward, and rewind from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, or you can use your Roku remote. When you want to stop streaming with AirPlay, you can press Home on your Roku remote.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

We hope that you find this information useful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ruko3

I’ve done all the troubleshooting of restarting, resetting network setting, turning off and turning on the router and the modem. I usually AirPlay to my tv daily. Not working after update. Please allow to downgrade the version since this one is bugged.

TCL model:50S425-CA

serial number: X00000W4E97U (S036D034E97U)

Software 13.0.0 build 24062-93 

Issue ID 7U-230-166

0 Kudos
jacklord

Roku version 13.0.0. broke RCA Roku TV's Airplay.

Was using Airplay many times every day from Apple iPhone. Starting today does not work.

Problem Symptoms:

1. On iPhone, on same local home Wifi SSID and TCP/IP subnet as TV, when either selecting "screen mirroring" or when selecting "share" icon while viewing a video, see "24in RCA Roku TV" listed. When select this "24in RCA Roku TV", see standard Apple spinning wheel icon for ~30 seconds, then get modal dialog 'AirPlay//Unable to connect to "24in RCA Roku TV" // <OK> '. Meanwhile, if the RCA Roku TV is on, nothing changes--ie if it is in Roku device home screen it incorrectly stays there, and if it is on any Roku channel it incorrectly stays there--no indication whatsoever on TV that AirPlay is being requested on iPhone. (If RCA Roku TV is off when iPhone screen mirroring or video sharing is requested, the TV incorrectly stays off.)

2. I use iPhone screen mirroring and video sharing icon to this RCA Roku TV successfully many times per day, every day. This failed to work with above symptoms starting today. The iPhone has seen no update. The TV automagically updated yesterday, as described below at (6).

3. On RCA Roku TV, from the Roku home screen, I navigate to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit. The RCA Roku TV settings screen disappears and the only thing on the TV screen is "AirPlay" in large letters. This continues for ~44 seconds , then returns back to the same settings menu that was just previously displayed. This means I am incorrectly not given an opportunity to review or toggle AirPlay setting to On or Off. There is no error message for this failure. For this incident, Roku Model 8525X-Roku TV, Software version: 13.0.0 build 24062-AX, GC version 11.6.21, timestamp 2024-06-08T17:47:40Z, ID: 59-230-027. Symptoms exactly the same after I performed "Settings > Power > System restart", Roku timestamp 2024-06-08T20:03:19Z ID: 59-230-163.

4. Using same iPhone and same RCA Roku TV, the Apple iPhone Roku app correctly works controlling this TV. And using a Windows PC on same WiFi SSID and TCP/IP subnet, Chrome sharing video to same TV, correctly results in video playing in RCA Roku TV's Youtube player. Only observed failure is AirPlay, as described above.

5. From Settings > System > About:
 RCA Model: RTR2460-US
 Hardware ID: 8525X
 Software version: 13.0.0 build 24062-AX
  Device ID: ML70804359

6. From Settings > System > Software update
  Last checked: 6/7/24 8:56pm
  Last updated: 6/7/24 8:55pm
  Software version: 13.0.0
  Build: 24062

7. Did Settings > System > Software update > Check now
   Last checked: 6/8/24 4:24pm
  Last updated: 6/7/24 8:55pm
  Software version: 13.0.0
  Build: 24062

I would appreciate a solution to this problem, since I rely heavily on ApplePlay.

The same thing is happening to my TV. After the update, it broke AirPlay and even after a factory reset, it’s not working

Sharp model LC-50LBU591C
Hardware ID 7202X

Software Version 13.0.0 build 24062-38

0 Kudos

This is happening to me too! On a TCL Roku TV. I’m used to it bugging a bit before working but this is entirely unusable. I use Airplay everyday and it has only started failing this weekend.  AirPlay refuses to work and we’ve troubleshooted everything otherwise. Would love a solution to this frustrating and irritating problem!!!! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.