Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can someone help with roku streambar question

Jump to solution

i have a roku smart tv and want a sounbar. will the roku streambar be ok as it has better features, or just go with a regular sounbar?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: can someone help with roku streambar question

Jump to solution

I guess it depends on what you mean by "ok".  It will work fine, but it's a little redundant since you'll have a Roku built into the TV and another built into the Streambar.  It can get a little confusing because you'll have two Home Screens - if you switch to the Streambar's input you'll see its Home Screen and then if you press Home on the TV's remote you'll see the TV's Home Screen.  You also have to juggle two remotes since the Streambar's remote will control volume, but the TV's remote will be necessary to switch between different inputs.  If you only ever use a Roku for everything you can just set up the TV to always power on to the Streambar's input and then use the Streambar for everything.  You can also just use the Streambar as a regular soundbar and never use its Roku features, but you'll have to use its remote for volume/mute.

@Tivoburkeecan correct me if I'm wrong about needing both remotes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I guess it depends on what you mean by "ok".  It will work fine, but it's a little redundant since you'll have a Roku built into the TV and another built into the Streambar.  It can get a little confusing because you'll have two Home Screens - if you switch to the Streambar's input you'll see its Home Screen and then if you press Home on the TV's remote you'll see the TV's Home Screen.  You also have to juggle two remotes since the Streambar's remote will control volume, but the TV's remote will be necessary to switch between different inputs.  If you only ever use a Roku for everything you can just set up the TV to always power on to the Streambar's input and then use the Streambar for everything.  You can also just use the Streambar as a regular soundbar and never use its Roku features, but you'll have to use its remote for volume/mute.

@Tivoburkeecan correct me if I'm wrong about needing both remotes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

go with the roku streambar pro and two rear speakers, two front if your room will support 4 speakers.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.