Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skynet
Binge Watcher

Re: Wireless MAC all zeros after firmware update reboot

There is poor grounding to the roku WiFi cards. Please use the below link to fix it on your own risk.

https://www.instructables.com/Fix-Bad-Mac-Address-on-ROKU-TV/

Make sure you attach the ground to any frame metal. Also please do this at your own risk and disconnect power before you do any electrical work. This also will void your warranty.

alternate solution would work. Unplug the tv then push the power button about 10 times to get rid of any current left. Then plug it again this should get you back connected.

good luck 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @mfitz23.

We would recommend trying to manually update the Roku TV to see if you can update to the latest OS and see if your issue is resolved.

For more information about how to manually update your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Skynet
Binge Watcher

I’m not sure how anyone can update the product if you can only connect wirelessly. Although there is an Ethernet most have their TVs away from main router or area to get Ethernet connection: instead may be roku can do right by the impacted customers. Replace their defective tv roku boards or advise manufacture to send tv replacements. Also you may advise customers to buy 100 ft Ethernet cable to connect their tv. Let’s all get long Ethernet cable. Thank you roku for amazing products.

mfitz23
Reel Rookie

I did firmware update, then stopped working.  Clearly an issue w/ wifi module it would be great if could get replaced.  TV just over 1 year old.

0 Kudos
Anochelad
Reel Rookie

Having problem connecting to my internet. MAC add is all zeros.  I have tried resetting my network connection and even did a factory reset and still not connecting.

ruko tv info:

Roku TV 8522X

onn. Model 100012589

serial # YK00EG561391

Software ver 9.4.2 build 4101-AN

Device ID LD04E561391

thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously, we would recommend trying to manually update the Roku TV to see if you can update to the latest OS and see if your issue is resolved.

For more information about how to manually update your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Atonex

Question for you Danny.  How can I update the software if I can't get it to connect?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Atonex

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku TV™?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, we would recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer for further assistance to see what insight they can provide. For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
paranormalknigh
Reel Rookie

Re: How to Find MAC Address?

I'm having this issue, it's not seeing or connecting to my network

Roku tv 8821X

Onn.model 100012589

Serial number YKOOY8382532

SOFTWARE VERSION 9.4.0 Build 4210-AS

Uptime 2 hours 14 mins

Device ID 38700Y382532

Network name blank

Ip address blank

Wireless mac address. 

No matter what I've tried to troubleshoot and do it's not working. Perhaps you might ccan help? Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: How to Find MAC Address?

Hello @paranormalknigh

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please send us a screenshot or photo of the information displayed on Settings > System > About screen so we can better understand your issue and further help you out. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos