Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FABTV
Reel Rookie

The Roku Channel Unable To Use.

Hi Has Roku changed anything on their Roku Channel, as of about 4 days ago what ever i try nothing streams on it anymore , Netflix, Amazon, and other free channels all work fine, I'm in the UK

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel Unable To Use.

Hi @FABTV,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We recognize the issue you're currently experiencing, and we're sorry for the trouble. We would be more than glad to assist you with this, and we'll need more details. Can you please provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

The information you provide will help us work on the issue and resolve it. Your response is valuable to us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FABTV
Reel Rookie

Hi Kash thank you for getting back to me, here is the answer to your questions.
Model: 4800RW, Serial: X0100060D22L, Device ID: S02C2140D22L, Software Ver: 12.0.0 Build 4184C2, The Error ID: 2L-326-504

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FABTV,

Thanks for providing us with the additional information requested previously by @RokuTakashi.

In addition to this, could you tell us if you're still seeing the same issue if you connect your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot?

If you have no luck, kindly also add the information below:

• Who is your ISP?
  • IP (from whatismyip.com)

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FABTV
Reel Rookie

Hi thanks for all the help, but for some unknown reason Roku is blocking my VPN even though I'm in the UK and using a UK server, which is quite annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FABTV,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue that you're experiencing!

Please be advised that your current VPN isn't working with Roku, and that's probably because it's not hiding the location of your router. The VPN servers you have available to you through your current VPN could well be blacklisted by the service you're trying to stream from. We suggest directly contacting your internet service provider.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FABTV
Reel Rookie

I do have a problem still has the Roku have something like cache as i understand streaming services don't like a VPN, but the problem i have is the Roku channel works fine with no VPN but Netflix and Amazon don't so to watch these services i have to enable the VPN, just to confirm I'm in the UK and the VPN servers are also in The UK, i don't want to do a master reset due to the rig-moral of rentering passwords etc.
Thanks

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.