Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suze417
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

Jump to solution

When I just turn it on, it’s not connecting to the internet. I keep having to unplug my Hisense and plugging it back in - then it connects without issue.

0 Kudos
logurtt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have tried genuinely anything and everything you can look up. this tv still doesn’t work like it used to months after i posted this. no i’m not connected to anything like a hotspot i’m connected to my router. this tv is absolutely trash now. i’ll sit here watching a blank home screen try to load for 5 minutes just to use something that isn’t even related to roku because it DOESNT WORK!!  i wish i could get a refund but the tv is around 3 yrs old now. not worth the money will not be buying a roku product again.  @RokuTakashi 

Hisense Roku TV, won't connect to a network without internet

Jump to solution

I host my own jellyfin server with many movies and complete seasons of shows. Moved into a new home, where there is currently no internet (bummer but temp until isp comes out to hook it up). My TV sees the router can connect to the router, but because there is no internet is disconnects from the network. Because of this I can't even watch shows over an in home network. Absolutely works fine as long as the router has internet. No I'm not going through the isp router, I can open jellyfin on mobile devices and PC's but the TV won't stay connected to the router.

0 Kudos

My TV won't connect and says it can't find wifi.

Jump to solution

My hisense Roku tv can't find wifi even after I factory reset everything. Help? Please!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My TV won't connect and says it can't find wifi.

Jump to solution

@Queenburleigh-

There are some router setting issues that can prevent establishing Roku WiFi connections. And to make matters worse, some of them can be set by recently-reported router updates. These have primarily been reported with routers supplied by internet providers (Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, and AT&T so far), but it's possible they could also occur with other internet providers or user-owned routers that have received similar updates.

• ROKU CANNOT FIND LOCAL WIFI NETWORK AT ALL
    There are several possible causes. If you have one of these situations, see "Reconfiguring Router", below.

A) 2.4 GHZ WIFI BAND TURNED OFF
    Some recent router updates have turned off dual band routers' use of the 2.4 GHz band. Some Roku models, notably Roku Express/Express+ non-4K models (model numbers below 3940) and Premiere/Premiere+ (model numbers below 4620), are lower end units with single band WiFi radios that only support the 2.4 GHz band. They, and many other devices of all sorts that are 2.4 GHz only, can't even see the 5 GHz band, let alone connect to it. If you have a 2.4 GHz only Roku model and a dual band router with both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands, be sure the router's 2.4 GHz band is turned on.

B) WIFI CHANNELS 12-14
    In the 2.4 GHz WiFi band, all Rokus support channels 1-11, as are used in North America. If your router supports 2.4 GHz channels 12-14 that are used in other regions make sure your router is set to use a channel in the 1-11 range and that you aren't using an auto setting that could select channels outside this range.

C) DFS CHANNELS
    All Rokus with dual-band WiFi radios can connect to the 5 GHz wifi band in two ranges of channel numbers, 36-48, and 149-165.

Channels between these two ranges are reserved as Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) channels and are shared with other uses such as military, radar, and weather. Only some of the newest Rokus using the latest WiFi processors can receive these DFS channels.

Many home use modems do not include the DFS channels but some do, so if yours is a dual-band Roku that cannot find your WiFi network, try setting your router to NOT use DFS channels. If your router supports DFS channels and you can't turn them off, make sure you aren't using an auto setting that could select DFS channels.

Reconfiguring Router
Thanks to forum user @AvsGunnar  for providing the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

If your problem was not caused by any of the above, a restart of the router (even if other devices are still connecting) followed by a restart of the Roku may allow the connection to be reestablished. Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or if you have no "Power" option, under "Settings > System", or if more convenient you can just pull the Roku's power for a few seconds and let it restart.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
bobt12

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with my Hisense Roku tv. After an hour of doing everything (my connection was over 100mbps) I hooked up my Roku Stick, and provlem solved, my Roku apps work fine now. Screw the proprietary Hisense Roku interface. It's garbage.

0 Kudos
Suze417
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine was working fine until recently and started doing the same thing - every time I turn it on, I have to either unplug and plug back in, or go to restart in the settings menu - then it automatically reconnects itself to the internet 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.