Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lwiltsie
Reel Rookie

Pairing phones with Roku TV

Hi, I'm trying to pair my Motorola G Power phone with my Roku model C222x 50in tv and it won't recognize the signal. They are both on the same wifi because I use the same router to connect to the Internet both. I don't use my mobile network at my home ever because I don't get a stable signal so I have wifi in my house and both my phone and TV are hooked up to this router on the same network. But I'm unable to pair my phone with my tv. Please help if possible. Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pairing phones with Roku TV

Hi, @Lwiltsie

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're facing difficulty connecting your Roku TV to your phone. We are here to assist you with it.

If you're having an issue connecting your phone to your TV, you might try connecting it manually by: 

1. Launch the Roku mobile app
  2. Tap Devices
  3. Tap Get help?
  4. Select Connect Manually.
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT (You can check for the IP address of your Roku TV by going to (Settings > Network > About)

If this still doesn't work, try restarting your Roku TV (Settings > System > Power; if there is no Power option, skip to System Restart). Also, restart your app by simply exiting it.

For more troubleshooting steps, visit this support FAQ: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you further.

Regards,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.