Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku ad on left side pops up while watching tv

Jump to solution

Camper came with tcl Roku tv. We watch DIRECTV streaming but this annoying Roku information keeps coming up on left side of screen. 
How do I get rid of this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ad on left side pops up while watching tv

Jump to solution

@Leighscamper 

Your TV may be in "store/demo" mode as opposed to "home mode".

Some RokuTVs now allow you to change this in the Settings (if a Roku branded TV, I believe), but for the TCL Roku TV, you will likely need to Factory Reset it.  Press and hold in Reset button for 15-30 seconds, or through Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset and then select "use in home mode" when presented the option during setup and activation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ad on left side pops up while watching tv

Jump to solution

@Leighscamper 

Your TV may be in "store/demo" mode as opposed to "home mode".

Some RokuTVs now allow you to change this in the Settings (if a Roku branded TV, I believe), but for the TCL Roku TV, you will likely need to Factory Reset it.  Press and hold in Reset button for 15-30 seconds, or through Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset and then select "use in home mode" when presented the option during setup and activation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.