Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alicia43

TV going haywire, keeps clicking on random options in between turning on and off and the volume rai

Why would my TV be turning on and off, changing over to whatever options it lands on, going into different channels and screens etc, constantly clicking in between it turning on and off as well as the volume going all the way up. This was happening to my year old tv,, just bought a new one, it's doing the exact same thing. It doesn't do it all day long and then in the evening it starts. It's almost as if someone has a remote and is co trolling the TV but buttons just keep clicking on their own. Please help!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: TV going haywire, keeps clicking on random options in between turning on and off and the volu...

Hey @Alicia43

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps available in this Support article: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Irata
Reel Rookie

Re: TV going haywire, keeps clicking on random options in between turning on and off and the volu...

We have the exact same issue. It affects two Roku based TCL TVs, and two Roku sticks. Rapidly changes volume, changes apps, downloads apps, turns off, turns on, whatever it wants. Pretty sure it created a new user in the Netflix app.  No amount of power cycling, resetting to defaults, referring to ANY of the troubleshooting has worked. I’ve even gone so far as to replace the IR sensor control board in one of the TVs. That seemed to resolve the issue for a couple of weeks, but now the problem has returned, and infected the plug in sticks. 

Irata
Reel Rookie

Fixed! 
Unplugged the TCL Roku TVs and threw them in the garbage. 
Replaced the Roku sticks with Amazon Fire TV sticks and now everything works again!