Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James881
Reel Rookie

TCL TV Stuck on Headphone Mode

I have a TCL Model 55R635 Roku TV 8119X. After plugging in wired headphones into the headphone jack, the Headphone icon is still showing and the TV Speaker is not working, even after unplugging the headphones. I tried a factory reset but the issue persists. How can I turn off Headphone Mode on my TCL Roku TV?"

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL TV Stuck on Headphone Mode

Hi @James881,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about the issue with Roku TV that is stuck in headphones mode.

In order to resolve this issue, we recommend restarting the Roku TV. Please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Unplug the Roku device from the power
  2. Wait for 5-10 minutes
  3. Now connect the Roku TV back to the power  and wait until the home screen appears on the screen

Please let us know if there's any difference after.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Taylor6

This doesn’t work

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Taylor6!

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out, and we appreciate the attempts to resolve this. We'd like to know more about this.

Would you mind sharing with us when you started seeing the issue occur? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Aside from power cycling your device, have you also tried performing a system restart from Settings>System>Power>System restart? Then try again to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TW21

The headphones icon is on. No sound from TV.  I’ve tried all suggestions. Still nothing.  What is the next step?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TW21,

We appreciate that you have raised this concern directly with us!

It seems like the issue has been persistent even after taking the troubleshooting steps provided. We recommend that you contact your TV manufacturer. In this case, there's likely an issue with that TV manufacturer that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.
Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dhirajkumar
Reel Rookie

I was facing the same issue on my TCL roku TV . after some research i found this post.

which says to change some settings and i made the change and its working now . 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.