Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: TCL TV Backlight Went Out

Jump to solution

Hi @Nillum

Thanks for the post.

Please see @RokuDanny-R's post above. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
SAb2022

Jump to solution

Backlight went out and can barley see anything on the tv like wtf can’t you just tell us what the is issue is instead of redirecting to support . You obviously know what the hardware issues is . How do we fix this?

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@SAb2022  Roku does not make TVs. So you need to contact your TV manufacturer for further assistance 

0 Kudos
WickeD-of-OZ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bought 3 of these when they had the Black Friday sale 2 years ago. ALL 3 went out at the 1 year, all 3 lost the led backlighting. Exact same issue on them all. The resistors and IC for the led are **bleep** and the entire power board is horribly soldered, with alot of places either not enough solder or too much and it burnt the electronics next to them. Absolutely disgusted.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@WickeD-of-OZ

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just had the same issue and they are horrible they are gonna put you on hold and then not fix anyhting.

Jump to solution

only if i had seen these posts i wouldnt have made the same mistake.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @johnwick1234567,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku TCL TV, and we're sorry to hear about the issue. You may want to directly contact TCL's support with this issue. Hardware malfunctions are handled directly by Roku TV manufacturer since they provide direct support with their TV models.

You can reach TCL's support at TCL Roku TV Support

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos