Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaukol

TCL Roku TV logo screen fades to black

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku tv had a black screen, but I could still hear the remote inputs. I did a factory reset, and now when it powers on I see the TCL+Roku logo screen in full color and then it slowly fades to black. I still hear the remote inputs once it’s black, but nothing else.

Once I just left the tv on after doing another factory reset, and was able to see the Roku menu setup screen in full color, but then the remote was unresponsive except for the sound.

TV is only a year old. Any ideas what’s wrong with it and how to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV logo screen fades to black

Jump to solution

Hi @Joeukor,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention regarding your trouble with your TCL Roku TV and the steps you have taken to resolve the issue.

It looks like you are experiencing something that may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further?

We suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for its products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @shaukol!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we will help you get back on streaming from your TCL Roku TV.

Before proceeding, please confirm whether you are using the remote that came with your TV. If so, it might be possible that your TV's interface is still stuck, mentioning the screen was black and that you've factory reset your TV. 

In addition, since you can still hear sound when you try to press random buttons on your remote, it means that your physical remote is still functioning. 

Can you let us know if your TCL Roku TV received any software updates prior to this happening that might have triggered the issue? 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pudden

Jump to solution

My roku TV is only a year old and I was was watching it. Program went off and TV was sitting idle for ten minutes, then the screen went black and remote was accessibility and I couldn't turn it off or get my screen brighter. I can hear it butscreen is to dark to see picture or functions. I see the reset button but don't know how to operate it and don't want any damages.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Pudden!

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with your Roku TV. We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution possible.

Kindly provide me with the following information so we can assess your concern better:

• Did your TV recently receive any software update prior to this happening that might have triggered the issue?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jillianeppen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My tv just went black and I unplugged it and plugged it back in and heard my sound bar connect to it but it won’t work 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Jillianeppen!

Thanks for letting us know about this. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause and provide an accurate resolution.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What specific model is your TV? (e.g., Roku-branded TV or TCL, ONN, Hisense, etc.)
  • What is the model of your sound bar?
  • If this is a Roku-operated system, did your device recently receive any software update that might trigger a black screen issue?

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joeukor

Jump to solution

Device type: 55" TCL Roku TV

Serial number: X01200J71R5L

Added: May 11, 2023

I seem to have same issue. 

Turn it on - looks good - but “not connected” and remote doesn’t work. Then whole screen starts to fade to black (like a dark shadow coming over the entire screen). Totally black in less than a minute. 

Turn it off and wait a few minutes - turn it back on and same thing. 

Did a reset (5 x Home Screen, 1 x up button, 2 x rewind, 2 x fast forward). Seemed to reset (big Roku logo with red background) and froze. Turned off and tuned it back on - same issue. 

I have unplugged it and changed batteries in remote.

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Joeukor,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention regarding your trouble with your TCL Roku TV and the steps you have taken to resolve the issue.

It looks like you are experiencing something that may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further?

We suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for its products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.