Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fogilvom2

Mobile app won't connect to my Hitachi roku tv

Jump to solution

Hello All,

My app used to work with my tv and now it says there is no device. We upgraded our internet a few months ago. It is spectrum and you cannot get directly into their router like with my old one.

The app and tv are on the same network and ive tried entering the ip address manually on my phone app. No luck.

I've restarted my phone and tv as well as un-installed and reinstalled the app to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Mobile app won't connect to my Hitachi roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi @fogilvom2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are pleased to have you here, sharing your concern about the Hitachi Roku TV not connecting to the Roku mobile app. We would be glad to assist you with this.

Please ensure that your Hitachi Roku TV is activated before you connect it to your Roku mobile app. One of the common reasons why no device is found on the Roku mobile app is that your Hitachi Roku TV might not be activated. To check if your Hitachi is activated with your Roku account, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the home button of your Roku remote
  2. Scroll down and select settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select About (When you open the "About" or "System" information on your Roku TV, you will see your email address if it's linked to your Roku account. If your email isn't displayed, or it says "not connected," it means your Hitachi Roku TV is not activated.)

To activate your Hitachi Roku TV, visit our support article on how to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

After activation, you need to sign in to the Roku mobile app using your Roku account credentials. Once you're signed in, you will see the name of your Roku TV. It's at this point that you can connect it to the Roku mobile app. To connect a Roku device to the Roku mobile app, you can do the following:

1. Ensure that the Roku device and mobile device are connected to the same wireless network.
  2. Open the Roku mobile app.
  3. Select Devices from the navigation bar.
  4. Select the name of your Roku TV.

You can also manually connect by finding your Roku device's IP address in Settings > Network > About and then follow the steps below.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app
  2. Tap Devices
  3. Tap Get help.
  4. Select Connect Manually
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT

For more details, you can visit our support article: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Mobile app won't connect to my Hitachi roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi @fogilvom2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are pleased to have you here, sharing your concern about the Hitachi Roku TV not connecting to the Roku mobile app. We would be glad to assist you with this.

Please ensure that your Hitachi Roku TV is activated before you connect it to your Roku mobile app. One of the common reasons why no device is found on the Roku mobile app is that your Hitachi Roku TV might not be activated. To check if your Hitachi is activated with your Roku account, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the home button of your Roku remote
  2. Scroll down and select settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select About (When you open the "About" or "System" information on your Roku TV, you will see your email address if it's linked to your Roku account. If your email isn't displayed, or it says "not connected," it means your Hitachi Roku TV is not activated.)

To activate your Hitachi Roku TV, visit our support article on how to activate or link your Roku streaming device.

After activation, you need to sign in to the Roku mobile app using your Roku account credentials. Once you're signed in, you will see the name of your Roku TV. It's at this point that you can connect it to the Roku mobile app. To connect a Roku device to the Roku mobile app, you can do the following:

1. Ensure that the Roku device and mobile device are connected to the same wireless network.
  2. Open the Roku mobile app.
  3. Select Devices from the navigation bar.
  4. Select the name of your Roku TV.

You can also manually connect by finding your Roku device's IP address in Settings > Network > About and then follow the steps below.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app
  2. Tap Devices
  3. Tap Get help.
  4. Select Connect Manually
  5. Enter the IP address of your Roku device and tap CONNECT

For more details, you can visit our support article: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.