Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nj16
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV Keeps Restarting

My TCL Roku TV keeps restarting about every 5-10 minutes or so. It’s connected to the internet, I’ve unplugged it several times, done a factory reset twice, updated the software, and gone into settings and turned off bandwidth saver as well as auto-on. Is my TV ruined at this point? I don’t know what else to try. TV model 55S20

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV Keeps Restarting

Hi @Nj16,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming issues on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• How are you powering your Roku TV?
  • How far is your device from your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?
  • When did the issue start?
  • What is the software version of your Roku TV? (Go to Settings > Systems > About.)

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nj16
Reel Rookie

Hi!

software version 12.5.5 • build 4174-93

I’m powering my Roku tv with my standard wall outlet in the same spot it’s been for the last 3 years. It’s about 20 feet from my WiFi router, I’ve tried to connect it to my mobile hotspot and I still have the same issue unfortunately. I’m truly not sure what else to try here! I’d like to think I’m relatively tech savvy but this is stumping me. Is it possibly an issue with the hardware of the tv? Maybe the power supply? I’m not sure. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the response, @Nj16.

We're happy to continue assisting.

One factor as to why your TCL Roku TV keeps rebooting by itself is if there's an issue with the power adapter, cord, or even power outlet. Kindly make sure everything is intact at the back of the TV. Have you already tried a factory reset?

Additionally, If performing a hard reset on the TV by locating the reset button at the back of the TV did not resolve the issue, it could be that the issue lies internally. With that being said, we would recommend you try getting in touch with your TV manufacturer for additional help.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. You can locate their support contact information here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist further.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rarn97

Have same problem with same model. I thought it was power supply circuit board so I  replaced it. Still does it. I even bought a new cord...same issue. My next step is the other circuit board. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Rarn97 

Sending you a warm welcome from me and everyone in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having the same issue with your Roku TV that keeps restarting, and we'd like to ask for further information for us to assist you further.

• Does this occur in a specific channel or happens throughout the Roku platform?
  • What specific behavior does the restart show? Does it turn off and power on or shut down completely?
  • When did you first encountered the issue?

With more details, the better we can understand the issue and assist better.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bsmith224

Wondering if you ever got this resolved. I am having the same issue with mine.  Never had an issue before and this started happening suddenly. Extremely frustrating 

0 Kudos
Nj16
Reel Rookie

Nope. I’m sitting here watching it crash and reboot as I’m typing this. It’ll work for like 2-3 weeks at a time and then have a few days where it just keeps crashing. 

0 Kudos
Bsmith224

UGH. Sitting here watching the 10 minutes of a show we can get right now before it crashes again... seriously so frustrating. I won't be spending the money on a roku tv again that's for certain.. I've seen a few "hacks" on here to clear the cache, reset things, ect. But I just feel like I shouldn't have to do all that just to watch my friggin tv. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.