Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmyrdge
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL R635 PS5 1440p VRR pink lines

Jump to solution

Be advised this isn't just an issue when connected to PS5...I'm connected to a PC. This issue is related to VRR and fluctuation in frame rate not being handled properly by VRR resulting in pink horizontal lines and occasional flickering on the panel.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
RetroGiant
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also happens on Xbox as well. Definitely not a PS5 only issue.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RetroGiant

Thanks for letting us know. 

We have already let our support team know about this is also happening on Xbox. They are currently working on a solution, which will be included in a future update. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution to this issue. 

Regards,
Nimfa 

0 Kudos
RetroGiant
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just pointing out this has been a known issue for over 5 months. https://www.reddit.com/r/tcltvs/comments/xvocpl/tcl_55r35_got_around_to_trying_vrr120hz_and/?utm_sou...

It’s clear you either don’t know how to fix it or don’t care. This tv cannot properly do what it’s advertised to do. I also love how the word “l a w s u i t” is not permitted to be used on the forum lol.

0 Kudos
mrwarcriminal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just finished setting up using the PS5 7.0 firmware VRR test & im getting pink lines & a squashed pic for 1440p 48-120hz test. The last screen check. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mrwarcriminal,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern regarding an issue with your Roku TV with pink lines when using PS5.

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue. We have identified the issue and expect a fix in a future update.

We sincerely appreciate your patience with this issue and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RetroGiant
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@mrwarcriminal I did the same update and oddly enough it seems to make the pink lines go away when I enable VRR. Sometimes, not always. BUT when using VRR it now introduces black flashes every 15-30 seconds. Lose/lose situation with this tv. Absolutely maddening.

0 Kudos
Tedeschman

Jump to solution

Just got a PS5 over the weekend and experienced this nightmare of an issue. After spending multiple hours swapping cables out, changing inputs and thinking there was something wrong with the PS5 I found a workaround online. If you disable VRR and ALLM on the PS5 and change your brightness to something other than "Game Mode" on the input it disables game mode and the pink line will go away. I am not really sure what VRR or ALLM does but I haven't noticed any difference in the games I play (God of War, Last of Us) but I hope this helps someone to avoid spending hours trying to fix their TV. I hope it is fixed soon as (upcoming update) could mean months from now. Until then at least this lets you play without the line.

0 Kudos
Tedeschman

Jump to solution

When is the update planned? Because I called TCL support today and they said there are no updates planned for this TV model.

0 Kudos
RetroGiant
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Tedeschman Not having the tv in game mode introduces upwards of 100ms of input lag. Not really a fix. There won’t be an update to address this. This tv is now 2 years old. The customer service reps here are just providing lip service. Who you spoke to in the phone is correct, there are no updates planned. Expensive lesson learned for a lot of us unfortunately. Avoid tcl/roku TVs. They don’t stand behind their advertised specs.

0 Kudos