Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL R635 PS5 1440p VRR pink lines

Jump to solution

Hi @vmyrdge @qutips

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this caused and thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We have now passed your details to the Roku team. Our engineering team is investigating this issue, and we will provide an update on the Community thread once more information is available.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

In case anyone is curious I had some back and forth with TCL support on this that told me not to use 120hz in 1440p because it would 'wear out the HDMI port'. Absolutely laughable. 

0 Kudos
vmyrdge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Seriously? I don't even know what to say to that. 

FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The conversation we had:

https://imgur.com/a/kM1tseL

Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Is that a TCL employee admitting to false advertising and or deeptive trande practices in violation of the applicable unfair and deceptive trade practices laws? Seems like that could be exhibit A to in a class action complaint.

0 Kudos
vmyrdge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That is absolutely ridiculous. The thing clearly runs at 120hz 1440p....I have no idea what he is referencing there. They should get someone who actually knows what they are talking about. The specs clearly list 120hz @@1440p.

0 Kudos
RetroGiant
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I like the thinking on this. First thing that popped in my head was false advertising. Needless to say, I will not purchase a TCL tv ever again.

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same, this was the last TCL for me as well. Its clear they are lacking in the software department. I ended up selling my R635(too big to move to a non gaming room) after this TCL support fiasco and picked up an LG C2. This was way way way sooner than I ever planned to replace this TV. Massive disappointment that it hasn't lived up to its promises. I am still curious to see if they ever handle this latest issue.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reporting and sharing your observations in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern regarding an issue with your Roku TV with pink lines when using PS5.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing. Please be aware that we have identified the issue and expect a fix in a future update.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am not sure how certain posts get accepted as solutions despite lacking any solutions. Is it appropriate to report falsley identified solutions?

0 Kudos