Re: Streambar Audio Problems

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing a similar problem with my streambar. What is the resolution to this problem?

Mark87

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R ! It seems I'm having the same issue with my recently bought Streambar, the audio started to sound very distorted occasionally, but now is near constant, especially coming from the right side of the bar. This happens with any streaming channel, even with Roku's Cinematic Sound app. Please let me know how can I fix this. Thanks for your help!

AJperrine

Jump to solution

How did you contact them?

Dusty1990
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@AJperrine If you click on Roku Danny's name and you're logged in, you'll see a button to send them a DM. Danny replied to me saying support would get in touch but I haven't heard anything and it's been almost a month. I just followed up with Danny today.

AJperrine

Jump to solution

thank you!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mark87 @AJperrine

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing as well as what troubleshooting steps you have already tried to resolve the issue.

In addition, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
senatordrake
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I'm having the same problem. At first it was sporadic and not too noticeable but now it is on every channel and I have tried changing every setting and the HDMI cable and I did a reset to no avail. It sounds like a blown speaker when there is music or background sound and sometimes in the dialogue itself.

I bought the streambar about 45 days ago and started noticing the static about two weeks ago.

The model # is 9012R

S.N. YL008P417625

Software version: 10,0,0 Build 4209-95

Uptime: 12 days 21 hours 5minutes

Device ID: 2A10C8417625

MAC address: 10:59:32:ED:64:94

If there is a fix for this please tell me what it is, if not, I would like to exchange it for a new one.

Other than this issue, I really like the product, especially the ability to turn the dialogue volume up and make it clear enough that even though I have Tinnitus I can understand most of what is being said in a movie without rattling the windows and upsetting my wife.

Please let me know what my options are.

Thanks so much, Senator.

0 Kudos
mac595
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I too am experiencing the sound distortion issue with my Streambar. I was working perfectly for months then all of a sudden the sound was distorted to the point we couldn't listen to it.

I've tried changing settings and nothing seem to fix the problem. A reset or power up will make the problem go away for a short while but it always reverts to distorted sound after a few minutes. 

Is there a fix for this? 

Mac

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @mac595

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Streambar. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my streambar. It worked well at first but now crackles. Model 9102R. Serial YL005V524555.

0 Kudos