Ckcarr
Reel Rookie

Streambar 9102R - Static sound

My 9102R Streambar just developed the dreaded static issue. This is the 2nd one I have owned and both have experienced the same issue. The first one I purchased had the static (sounds like blown speaker) issue out of the box. Roku replaced it and now the replacement has started doing it out of the blue. I have tried power-cycling as well as other sources and HDMI cables. Streambar software is up to date. I have researched this issue and it is ALL OVER the Roku community forums. Is there going to be a recall or any recourse for this issue?  

Serial Number: YL0001196108

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Streambar 9102R - Static sound

Hi @Ckcarr,

Thanks for flagging us about this. We'd like to know more about this. How long and when did you start seeing this issue occur?

And if possible, could you share with us a video of the issue you're seeing so that we can take a closer look at it?

Tell us more about this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ckcarr
Reel Rookie

I purchased the Roku 9102R Streambar back in January of 2021.  Shortly after that I noticed the static and was able to return it for a new one.  The new one worked flawlessly until this past weekend.  It began the same static sound as the first one.  I then began researching the issue and it led me here to the Roku community forums where I see this issue is very common.  

Here is a link to a video.  Let me know if you need another one.

Roku Static 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted @Ckcarr, and providing the link to the video referring to the issue.

Can we please have your Roku Streambar information, such as Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Also, could you please confirm if the static noise coming out from your Roku stream bar happens particularly with a specific channel or throughout the Roku platform?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ckcarr
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply Kash.  I hear the static on all content and inputs that use the Streambar for audio.  Here is a pic of the info requested:

1000003116.jpg

Thanks,

Keith 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing us with this information. We'll request a reinforcement from our Support team about this. 

We recommend keeping an eye on your email address as they will reach you from there.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ImJustJohn
Channel Surfer

i have the same problem my streambar sounded like heaven until the dreaded static sound entered the picture now i am thinking about dropping roku all together and returning my new roku tv because of this.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @ImJustJohn,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your Roku Streambar. We're pleased to assist. 

We wanted to let you know that we have passed along your information to our support team. They will reach out to assist you further.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
ImJustJohn
Channel Surfer

never had anyone reach out i feel you just said that to shut me up.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ImJustJohn,

Thank you for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

We believe that you have been reached by our Support team through your email. We suggest checking your email.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.