Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search option disappeared on Roku TV

I've had my TCL Roku for about two years, and suddenly today, my search option was gone on my home screen. I suddenly can't search for any shows or movies. What happened? I didn't reset anything and I had the option initially since I had purchased the tv. Help! 

35 REPLIES 35
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Search option disappeared

@hannahtbloom 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you please provide us with a screenshot of your Home screen menu options?

In addition, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VSAL

Re: Search option disappeared on Roku TV

Have you figured this out? This happened to us today. Search is just gone 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @VSAL

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Please be advised that the 'Search' functionality is not available if you are using a Roku device linked to a Roku account created in a region in which we do not directly market or sell Roku devices, including Roku TVs. 

Currently, it is only available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Mexico and the United States for Spanish. 

For more information, you can visit this Support link: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku® Search?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
onela22
Reel Rookie

This happened to me today, too, and it was accompanied by (a) report of a software update, and (b) video instructions from Roku about using voice search. My TCL Roku TV does not support voice search. The video suggested using my phone, but I want to search on the tv so that I can just select the results. I don't want to search on a separate device and then have to search for the channels and search within the channels for the program. How can I de-update my software?

onela22
Reel Rookie

PS If you search this question, you often get an answer about having a Roku account in the right country. I made mine in the U.S.

tessieMc

I was having an issue with tubi lately (it kept dumping the show and I had to start over). I decided I'd try removing and re-starting that channel. I went directly to the home page to search for "tubi" and ---- What Happened to my Roku home-page search??? It disappeared and I don't know how to fix it. I don't see a proper answer in this forum.

tessieMc

Ah! I found the answer. Do an update by choosing "Update settings". "system" > "update".

Took just a few minutes and my "search" is back where it belongs! Yay!

0 Kudos
msjeswill
Reel Rookie

You have to use the microphone on your remote or phone and say what your looking for and it’ll pop up on the tv.

0 Kudos
pattiq22
Reel Rookie

Re: Search option disappeared

Just happened to us. In US. Had TV several years. Just tried system update. Didn't work.

7104X model 49S405

S/N YN00V8412696

Software 10.5.0 build 4208-30

Device ID 9S500V412696

Don't see how to attach screenshot.

Home menu has:

Featured Free

My Feed

Movie Store

TV Store

Streaming Channels

Settings