Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pattiq22
Reel Rookie

Re: Fixed: Search option disappeared on Roku TV

Oscar, you rock! Worked for me too!

On my set, it was Settings>System>Power>System restart

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jblak1

Re: Search option disappeared on Roku TV

I had the same aggravating issue. First I went to Settings, System and System Update. When that was complete, I went to System Restart (directly under System Update). It fixed it and now my search option is back. Makes no sense but it worked!

0 Kudos
Lpereira14

I tried this suggestion, still not working for us. System update checked as well

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Lpereira14

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us where are you currently located? Please be advised that the 'Search' functionality is not available if you are using a Roku device linked to a Roku account created in a region in which we do not directly market or sell Roku devices, including Roku TVs.

Furthermore, make sure that the email address linked to your TV is your email address. You can do this by navigating to Settings > System > About

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza 

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ric3
Reel Rookie

Re: Search option disappeared

Can no longer search for content by : 1. Actors 2. Directors 3. etc.  What happened to the listings of those searches?

Big mistake.

Dumb ass Gen X programmers I guess?

0 Kudos
BarbKlink

My search option has been working and this is the first day it disappeared.  Why is it happening to Roku TVs that have had the option before.  It is the most used feature I use on the TV.  If it is not available what is the advantage of buying another Roku TV?

0 Kudos

I don't understand why I can't look up specific shows for my children because the search option randomly has been disappearing since apparently early october. We have paid Roku before, and I found none of the answers helpful. What should I do to actually fix the issue, what kind of technical support could you offer to help? I cannot look up their favorite shows anymore. They are autistic. They need what they need. They need positive educational things I can search. Why is this happening over and over to everyone? And no I shouldn't have to provide my device ID to be able to actually get my search option back. I need explanations. Quickly. Thanks for your support and concern to everyone who has posted about this. I would appreciate support and concern from employees at Roku.

0 Kudos

Please provide the information we need when we access settings. If this is part of the problem it should be very well documented for everyone to see when they have this issue. This is devastating honestly for my family because we are autistic family, and my children need what they need. Educational or for fun, but I have no idea where to find Thomas the tank engine anymore because there is no option to search nor is there any kind of information on your reply on how to solve the issue through settings. I have tried. I found nothing helpful to solve the issue at hand. Please help all of the customers and give a detailed explanation.

0 Kudos

They won't even reply or give details under their "Settings" option to fix this although it was advised to another to go to their settings on a thread.

0 Kudos

Please just detailed answers when you tell us to go to our options and settings, because this keeps happening to everyone. My children and I need the search option. It's a very convenient thing as well as something's very important to them because they have immediate needs, educational shows that enjoy, fun shows they like, we can't look for them anymore. And you won't give a detailed answer as a how to fix it. Please more inquiry is required about this issue. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos