Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seayml
Reel Rookie

Netflix crashes software version 13.0.0 build 24056

Jump to solution

Netflix crashes and immediarely returns to home screen when you click on it. Current roku software version 13.0.0 build 24056

Have checked for updates, none available. Have checked for Netflix App updates, none available.

I have removed Netflix App, restarted TV, reinstalled Netflix - still crashes

Did a complere factory reset - still crashes. This issue began approximately 2 days ago. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix crashing/randomly closing

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We've resolved the Netflix streaming problem for the majority, if not all, of our users. To keep things organized, we'll be closing this discussion now.

If you're still encountering this issue, please create a new thread or message me directly.

We'll mark this post as solved. Thank you for your patience, and a big thanks to everyone who reported the issue.

Enjoy your streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
eriefisher
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

Jump to solution

My Roku 3 Netflix just started crashing the other day. You can start Netflix, scroll through the movies/shows/streams but once you select one you get kicked back to the home screen. This will keep happening until you restart via the menu. I've tried all the suggestions I could find. Once restarted and Netflix started it will work.......ONCE....then crash on the next use. There is NO error message. I can provide the data requested later but surely there must be some kind of progress with this issue??? How much more device information is going to make a difference.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @eriefisher 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this informaiton to us, and we understand that you're having an issue with Netflix on your Roku device. Could you please provide us with the details below so we can further review the issue you have encountered:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we receive the information above, we'll forward it to the appropriate Roku team and work with them to investigate the issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Groce
Reel Rookie

Same Netflix crash on Sharp Roku TV that everyone else reporte

Jump to solution

I've had this Sharp Roku TV for 5 years and Netflix for 4 years. This problem of sudden freezes, often while close captioning continues to display, then Netflix closing (and sometimes TV restarting) for about 1 1/2 years. I have tried all suggestions found here, but the only work one time or not at all. 

Model: 7202X

serial #: YN008J380138 (9H48A8380138)

Software version: 12.5.5

Build: 4174-38

GC version: 11.4.29

Issue ID: 38-193-357

0 Kudos
eriefisher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm currently away and will provide the info in a few days.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Same Netflix crash on Sharp Roku TV that everyone else reporte

Jump to solution

Hi, @Groce 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for providing the information relating to the issue you have encountered with Netflix. Kindly be advised that we have forwarded this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. An update will be provided in this thread once more development on the investigation has been conducted.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ramenez1

Netflix app crashes on Rokutv

Jump to solution

It happens randomly and is happening more today . We will watch for a few minutes and it crashes to the Roku Home Screen . In the past I reinstalled the app but today that didn’t work today . Anyone else having problems with Netflix ?

0 Kudos

I have problems with Netflix

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix crashes software version 13.0.0 build 24056

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @seayml!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. No worries! We're here to coordinate with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to determine the cause of the playback issues you've been experiencing with the Netflix channel.

Firstly, may we know if this is the only channel affected? Furthermore, kindly provide us with the following details below for us to create a report ticket effectively:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version. (channels affected if possible)

In the meantime, we highly appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot the channel and your Roku device. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
seayml
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix crashes software version 13.0.0 build 24056

Jump to solution

Only Netflix at this time. When you click on the app, Netflix appears on screen and immediately goes back to home screen in 2 seconds.

Model: C620X

Serial number: X00000U4GRNM Device ID: S02JK004GRNM

Software version: 13.0.0 build 24056-A3 

Tracker ID: NM-203-902

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.