cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku wireless subwoofer popping noise

Thank you for raising your concern, @JC12.

We'd be more than willing to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, may we first know what troubleshooting methods have you already tried? Kindly specify so we can suggest further methods for you to try before downgrading your device. 

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TimC140
Channel Surfer

Just purchased Onn Roku Subwoofer two days ago, experiencing intermittent popping noises. Setup is Sharp 50” Roku TV, Onn Roku Soundbar, and Onn Roku Subwoofer. 

0 Kudos
TimC140
Channel Surfer

It occurs during streaming only. I have reset the subwoofer and even applied the latest update 12.5.5.4173 to my Roku TV. It is very intermittent. Occurred while watching a movie on Disney + last night, 2-3 pops in a row then none at all for another 30-40 minutes. Occurred 1-2 times this morning while streaming HGTV. 

0 Kudos
TimC140
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the info. Who do I PM ?

0 Kudos
L10NH34RT
Channel Surfer

Roku version 12.5 & 12.5.5 causing subwoofer and satellite speaker popping/knocking

I own a 55 inch TCL R635 roku tv that is connected to a roku streambar pro, a wireless bass pro and 2 wireless speakers (rear). Ever since update 12.5 and now 12.5.5 my subwoofer and rear speakers have been making random popping/knocking sounds during playback of any audio. It doesn't matter which streaming application I use and there is no recognizable pattern, but it happens every few minutes and is really irritating. It ruins the viewing experience and I've since used a different TV to watch. My other TV; a 55 inch TCL R655 connected to wireless bass pro and wireless speakers (front) does not have and has never had this problem. I have tried every possible way to troubleshoot by re-pairing and resetting every single device to no avail. It must be something wrong with the software because I never had these issues with roku version 12.0. Is there a new version in development or can I downgrade to an older working version?

JC12
Roku Guru

Re: Roku version 12.5 & 12.5.5 causing subwoofer and satellite speaker popping/knocking

Same thing here fellow Rokuer. I have also put it on the board here. I too requested to be downgraded. For Xmas, I want this fixed.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku version 12.5 & 12.5.5 causing subwoofer and satellite speaker popping/knocking

Hi @JC12 @L10NH34RT ,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the behavior you are experiencing with your Roku device that is having a sound issue after an update and we'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

We want to find out more about it so that we can more effectively assist you. Please provide us with additional information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What is the make and model of your connected audio device/s?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, quickly press Home 5 times and Back 5 times.)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • If you see something different, can you please let us know?

We will be able to forward this information to our Support team so they can look into it further once we get it.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TimC140
Channel Surfer

Okay so after doing some troubleshooting I only get the popping noise when I am using the Roku TV as the streaming device. If I use the Roku soundbar built in streaming device, I do not get popping.  Has any else  tried this ?

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Just need the update downgrade instructions please. Please email to me. Thanks 

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

Please, just provide us with the update downgrade instructions. The update is the problem. Please and thank you.