Re: Roku wireless subwoofer popping noise

Iv had mine for about 2 years and recently started pooping. It does it on regular tv, streaming anything. Iv reset it, unplugged still did nothing. Wonder what I can do

0 Kudos
RobertMW
Binge Watcher

Our long national audio nightmare is over.

A downgrade to OS 12.0 fixed my popping noises with bluetooth audio streaming, which is how the issue manifested itself in my case. I had suggested the downgrade very early in the epic, and it would have curtailed much wailing and gnashing of teeth. But my jeremiads were eventually acted upon and for that I'm thankful. My Streambar, four speakers, and subwoofer are once again sounding very good.

Rey, or the other Roku folks will have to arrange the downgrade, and I am assuming it will fix the popping irrespective of the sound source, since most here starting noticing the flaw on or about November 1, the Night of the Living Pops. The downgrade took about 10 minutes for me.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Lalo_gonzalez!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Please be advised that we are currently looking further into this matter.

Kindly check your inbox as I have sent you a message for further information and assistance. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

How did you do the downgrade,

0 Kudos

How did you do the downgrade?

0 Kudos

How can I fix this popping sound from this subwoofer pro I just purchased. This is ridiculous and disappointing by the way! 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Johnjohn555.

We appreciate you reaching out for support. No worries! We'd be more than happy to assist you with this. 

Mentioning you just purchased your subwoofer, may we know the exact date and where you purchased this? If you are still under warranty, we highly recommend reaching out to the manufacturer to process a replacement for you. Thanks!

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RobertMW
Binge Watcher

Hi JohnJohn:

I am betting it isn't your subwoofer per se, but the OS version.

In my case, I have a Streambar Pro (purchased recently), 4 Roku Speakers, and the large subwoofer (purchased 3 years ago). But I don't think the time purchased is relevant here. There was an OS update from 12.0 to 12.5 on or about November 1. That's when the popping started. A Roku Moderator here, Rey, forwarded my case to the tech folks and I checked for updates the usual way (in the System menu). It told me an update back to OS 12.0 was available and I allowed it to install (took 10 minutes for all 6 components). It downgraded the Streambar first, then each of the 4 speakers, then the subwoofer. It works fine now. I can't be sure if the OS was pooping on the Streambar or the subwoofer. (I believe the popping was also coming from the right-rear speaker, but that could be a phantom / illusion.)

I advise lobbying for a downgrade. I was on the phone a number of times with the Roku phone support folks, but they very likely consult scripts for troubleshooting and who know how often the scripts are updated. (One of them specifically said that a downgrade was not possible; which I did not believe.) So, I think your path to success is through this forum.

0 Kudos
Aboogie
Channel Surfer

I also had my version downgrade (soundbar, 4 speakers, and the smaller sub) recently. Still listening if I'm getting the same issues. It sounds like I'm getting pops but not as intense before downgraded. Also I think the pops have been replaced by periods of no audio that are basically the same duration as the pops. 

It's better but not audio experience I was expecting when I bought everything.

Reported back to Rey and waiting on feedback.

0 Kudos
JC12
Roku Guru

I also have Popping all over. How do we downgrade????

0 Kudos